User Tag List

Thread: Question about setting FPS high versus performance

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about setting FPS high versus performance

Basically what the title says. I've noticed in my game currently that the frame rate doesn't feel like a silky smooth 60 fps. I don't know if that because there's too much going on or if I'm doing something wrong, but it's been bothering me. However, I noticed if I bump up the FPS in the game's settings to 120 and slow everything down in the game by 50% to compensate, the game runs buttery smooth and I love it.

My question is if there's a downside to doing this. I've searched and searched to see if there's anyone out there with experience on it, but have come up short of answers. Does anyone know if there are any bad side effects or performance disadvantages to setting the FPS to 120 or is it fine to do so?

Thanks in advance!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cannot Vsync most monitors to 120 FPS which may lead to ugly screen tearing on those setups. Besides this it will depend on your game, keeping steady 120 frames up may become difficult once you put a lot of stuff in. I would at least include a 60 FPS plus Vsync option for the player.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa, thank you! That's actually exactly what I was looking for. I knew it felt smoother, I just didn't know if in the case of CTF2.5 it would cause any adverse effects, like the game running slow, or using too much memory, etc.

I'll have to experiment with older computers with high fps set in the game's build to see if it looks any better or performs any worse. Ultimately that's about all I can do right now since I'm not finding any information otherwise.