User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need help with RPG Frame character position transitions

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need help with RPG Frame character position transitions

Okay I am working on an RPG. But the problem is transitioning character position from one frame to the next. To make the game not so linear. Basically I need the character to enter a frame from the position he came from a previous frame.

For example. If the character comes down from frame 1 into frame 2, obviously he needs to come into frame 2 from the top.

But if she comes up from frame 3 into frame 2, he needs to come in from the bottom of frame 2, but at the moment it only enters into frame 2 from the top as if it came in from frame 1.

I am assuming this can be fixed in the global events editor, but I am unsure as to how to do this.

Also how do I get frames to remember events from other frames, like RPG maker?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. Take a look at one of the open source Zelda examples on my website.

Marv
    ​455 MMF2 & CTF 2.5 Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will do thank you @nivram

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is single frame. I need a global script to do the same on different frames.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what you use Global Values for.
    You'll find Global Values in the Properties of your application.

capture.PNG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay here is the sample I got, I am trying to break it down so I can understand it. Can someone help me understand how it was done? A little tutorial maybe? Sorry to be a pain.

http://www.castles-of-britain.com/gl...pingframes.mfa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello can some one please help me understand this http://www.castles-of-britain.com/gl...pingframes.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to see nobody else have responded in my absence. Perhaps you have figured it out by now, but in case you haven't:

Data between frames is not saved. So you'll have to store these values somewhere if you want to be able to use them. The easiest way to do this in Fusion is to use Global Values and Strings.
    Global Values hold numbers, Global Strings is used for text.

Objects are positioned on the screen using X and Y values. So if you want the next frame to remember the position, you could store the X and Y position in Global Values.

Then on the next frame, use a Start of Frame event: set X or Y Coordinate to the Global Value depending on which direction the player comes from.

Check out my example: example_framejump.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting your example.
    I'm sure the thread author and all people with the same question can benefit from this.
    I would just like to mention that he got several explanations from "our" people in the Steam forum on this question as well, so don't give up on humanity that fast.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

My English is bad.

Global Values?

Virtual Grid (concept) >> One Frame.

500 Maps RPG Example

Goodbye.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast