User Tag List

Thread: [BUG?] Suddenly losing all code of an active object but not the object itself

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[BUG?] Suddenly losing all code of an active object but not the object itself

After editing the sprite of an entirely new active object I decided to go back and check on my code and realized that ALL events involving my player object (Which I was not editing at the time) had been completely deleted, but the Active Object itself was not.
    For some reason I couldn't undo any recent actions either?

Thankfully I have restored an older build, this is still a set-back but is WAY less of a loss than completely having to reprogram my player.

Does anyone have any idea what went wrong? Is this a bug?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-onInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume this isn't meant for the 2.0 subforum as I can see you have a license for 2.5. It may be worth getting it moved to 2.5 as this may go unseen.

I don't think I heard of this happening before. I don't think fusion keeps audit trails either (unless verbose logging is possible). Issue would be trying to replicate it. If you could try to replicate it and log it in the bug tracker.

But it does teach a lesson. Even if its Microsoft Office I make regular saves and backups to avoid lost work.

I also recommend a online backup service that will backup your files realtime as they are saved which also has previous revisions. (I personally use crashplan).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, thanks for the recommendations! I didn't realize I put my thread in the wrong place either, I'm still getting used to the site. Is there anyway I can move the thread without reposting it?

I'm not 100% sure what happened but I'll try to retrace my steps and figure out what caused it.