Small initial start help

Welcome to our brand new Clickteam Community Hub! We hope you will enjoy using the new features, which we will be further expanding in the coming months.

A few features including Passport are unavailable initially whilst we monitor stability of the new platform, we hope to bring these online very soon. Small issues will crop up following the import from our old system, including some message formatting, translation accuracy and other things.

Thank you for your patience whilst we've worked on this and we look forward to more exciting community developments soon!

Clickteam.
  • (moved to correct catergory)

ok... again, its a small offer.

i want a working example of something that im working on. (ive redone it 4 times now)
    i start to get into it, and it gets a bit messy, then i get to a spot that i realize I could have done it this way...and have to start over.
    sounds fun right? it would be, however... I have a terrible memory, and forget some of the things I learned the first time thru... and ended up doing a few of the mistakes
    that I had corrected in 2 ... well you get the idea.

SO, Working on a small app. Standard. no export modules (yet)
    I bought a spreadsheet importer off the marketplace. (did exactly what i needed, after trial 2)

I'll say the overall desires, and such first, and also, im not worried about the visual aspects in this setup yet.
    I just want to get past step 1.

Overal: I want to input Numbers, and have it output result. simple sounding right?

First, each State of the US, has different rules. So I need to have spreadsheet numbers based on each state. (some states Rules cover other states, so it can be shared)
    1) so need to link state, by the 'rules'
    2) Supply=each state has different Suppliers. (mostly in groups of states, so alot of overlap there too)

A) input state (or select etc)
    B) Based on state-choice1 Material choice (W or S)
    B1) if no supplier of choice in that state, it wouldnt show at all.
    C) Assume S: numbers input, Width, Length, Height. is Baseunit1=Result
    D) choice 2 also numbers 0 1 or 2 times baseunit1 L*H
    E)Choice 3 numbers 0, 1 or 2 times Baseunit1 W*H
    F) if choice 3 =>1 then option ..and so on.

now, the C) section pulls numbers from spreadsheet Tabs. (tabs made based on the State rules above)
    I can make the spreadsheet file easy enough. however, i have to remake it every few months. (as numbers change)

the Results calculated would/could be from multiple tabs, but different based on supplier. (as 2 or 3 suppliers might do the same state)

Im hoping this all makes sense. to me its simple, but my explaining it, might make it a mess.
    Im going to give this out free, as a help tool. but I want control of it, so i can control the updates to it.

So... offer would be to pay someone to help get me thru this, here and there.
    right now. Frame1 get the spreadsheet loaded, and Baseunit1 result (for at least 2 tabs-so i know it works)

again, STANDARD only.
    module: loadcsv ( Please login to see this link. )

Msg me ( email giantkin at giantkin d ot c o m )
    (Serious only- budget conscious)

g

• Is my project too small? It probably wouldnt take someone an hour or 3 to do the initial setup. but after i see that, I would expand the project some. (time is what i dont have)

• Had few bites. even had one say yes, but no contact after that. Give me a price. Negotiate. this project is NOT difficult, good for a beginner-intermediate. as it progresses, i plan on adding a few features. but the base app is simple. (or just get me started, there are too many ways to do the same thing, im hoping for the easiest UPDATE method. (ie: after its setup, i can adjust the numbers to fit new rules. and easily add new baseline numbers.)

• Please login to see this attachment. ok, maybe this will help show what i am trying to do. (i dont care about how it looks yet, just working)
    atm, if you run this, Select ohio, steel... (you can hit 18 and 20 and it changes the score, but only 12 works past this point)
    hit 12. eventually need all to work ofc. but hit 21. then 6 (red button finalizes) then its either option, and button, then either option. then it sits there. (close)

oh, you hit the green load button..it opens dialog. select a cvs file. (i want to load the data from a cvs file eventually)
    the above is working based on numbers I manually embedded.

Hope this sparks someones interest.

First thing i need/want is to load the csv file, (maybe if i can make it as an admin only load... and its embeded after that on run?)
    the csv file would have multiple tabs. (sheets?) starting with 3, but 12 would be nice. (depending on other factors I suppose)

• well, the csv file load is more of a pain than a help. How about just a form embedded into the app? (i want to easily edit the numbers later on) if had a few ppl ( IRL) say they want to do it, but never get past the...'ya, i want to do it' stage.
    same with here. Maybe this is just tedius work?

• I forget how early that one is. (ive redone it a few times) Now, im thinking 1 frame would be smarter. and just do drop down choices. but anyhow: I have a Cross cell sheet, i get value from it. IE: 12w x 20L = 2500 , plus next option of 8H adds x. and option Sides would add and Ends. (plus some individual options that are per item based) and spit out results.
    My initial thought was to have a Spreadsheet, that i could edit the numbers on, as they change. (once a year say) and then upload it to a site, or 'insert' it into the app directly.

Then eventually add a 2nd set of sheets (with their own numbers) also by an option. (maybe each Sheet would be its own frame, or .... but first steps)

My problems is... I start working on something, then i get distracted, and realize i could do it a different way... then i start the new idea. (and they dont quite mesh together)
    if someone else could take step 1, to get me out of my loop.... would help me immensely. (let me know value)

Thanks for your interest!

• This might be more difficult than I thought. (to explain)
    Here's some links to websites that do similiar. (I dont want/need the visual aspects)

Please login to see this link.
    Please login to see this link.
    Please login to see this link. (this is the setup i like the most)

and here is a price sheet for one of the companies I use: Please login to see this link.

So, using the one i like above, I want a Seperate form, that I can fill out using the PriceSheet.
    and on the Main form, the results are chosen as desired.

Does that clarify what i want/need?

• Now everything is clear for me:) It's a simple set of options. You can even make it in 3d like at Please login to see this link. using Firefly extension. Why didn't you try to do this in excel? However, I can help you if you absolutely need to do this in CF.

• I didnt get the firefly ext yet. I did setup the data in libra sheets. (and google sheets)
    I want the app, so i could use it on the pc and mobile...
    Hoping for something easily updated. (numbers change every year)
    after the initial setup, i can go... OH thats what i was missing, and add the other companies that I have. (with their own numbers/tweaks)
    Maybe make it so i can put the specs in, and it auto give results using the different numbers. all at once.

But im ok with step 1 :)

and def within CF. I have a co worker that is 70+ yrs old. I want this as easy as possible.
    Thanks!

• A Thank you note for Coldfire. (and kudos) Coldfire got the app done, to my specifications, and it works! worked out a few kinks, and i have one small bug i just found. Overall, i am Extremely pleased!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!