User Tag List

Thread: Beta: Patch Client Extension

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta: Patch Client Extension

I'm planning on releasing a patch client extension. It'll utilize JSON for the patch details and basic web space to host files. I plan on adding compression support in the final release but thought I'd upload the beta release here for people to test out and report back if they have any issues.

There are 2 extensions. The patch generate can be used if you wish to make a gui for your patch generation. Although I prefer to use the command line util i've made instead which is called "PatchGenerate.exe". The main extension is the Patch Client. I've attached an example MFA on its use.

To generate a patch:
    store all patch files in a folder on your system
    use patchgenerate.exe with the switches:
    patchgenerate.exe /P:[PATCHPATH] /R:[PATCHROOT] /O:[PATCHFILEOUTPUT] /C:[COMMENT] /I:[PATCHID]

/P Path of patch files
    /R URL of Patch file locations
    /O Output file path
    /C Patch Commnent
    /I Patch ID

Example:
    patchgenerate.exe /P:"c:\patchserver" /R:"https://patch.myserver.com" /O:"c:\webfiles\patch.json" /C:"Initial Patch" /I:"INIT_001"

Once the patch file has been created upload your patch files to your webspace. Upload your generated JSON file to web space (doesn't have to be the same host as the JSON file has the location of the patch files). Set your patch client to read the JSON file from the webspace and check for updates.

The patch client will need write access to the folder so you'll probably have issues if you try to patch in the program files folder if you aren't running as admin.

HTTP and HTTPS are supported.

Any problems let me know.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess not many people are in need of a method for patching their game/app?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really wanted something like this. Thank you @danworth

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really wanted something like this but GUI would be much easier than command line. Thank you @danworth

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can add a gui to it if need be. I prefer command line which is why it's default. But if enough want it I'll add a gui.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    +1 for GUI ^_^ thank you