Thread: Multiplayer Game In 2018

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiplayer Game In 2018

Hello everyone,

Alright. I have been trying to make a 10 player multiplayer game. Nothing to major just a top down buddies shooter. I have spent the past few days researching multiplayer options for 2.5.

To that end I found this site:

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/58247-Lacewing-Video-Tutorials
    https://vimeo.com/10977508

I would like to follow these tutorials as much as possible, it seems very much up my alley. However it is already a fail that I went to the lacewing publisher site,, and it is down entirely. Does anyone have copies of all the materials I will need/Or has there been an update to this. I was reading also a bit about BLUEWING, which is its successor apparently. I don't want to use BLUEWING because another thread I was reading states that BLUEWING lacks some of the multiplayer options and ports that were available to people who went the LACEWING route.

If anyone has any advice for me, please ring in. Thank you and have great days all .

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Clickteam, You may not be aware but if you register your copy of Fusion with passport you can gain access to a few extra areas and might experience a higher volume of responses. While logged in simply visit, https://community.clickteam.com/passport and follow the instructions.

I haven't much experience with multiplayer so I will leave it to others to help out on that. Again welcome!

Clickteam on Twitter - Clickteam on Facebook

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think there is anybody here that can help you to multiplayer walhalla, we must all stick together and pray that F3 will have some more options for multiplayer games

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you both for writing in.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilized79 View Post
    I don't think there is anybody here that can help you to multiplayer walhalla, we must all stick together and pray that F3 will have some more options for multiplayer games
    I understand that, I am not asking for someone to nursemaid. I am willing to put in the time and the hard work to go through the tutorials educate myself and build from that. I just need these files and materials that i often see talked about in many other threads on this forum, and maybe a basic rundown of where to put them exactly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue with having a standard network object that would enable users to easily make a multiplayer game is that hacking would be extremely easy. This wont do for any successful game. It will ruin the experience for the legitimate players and destroy any in game economy and eventually your player base will leave. So any developer looking to make any MMO would likely invest into a custom network extension this is likely to be true even when F3 arrives.

I think many indie developers over look packet security when thinking of developing an online game. I suspect its because they have no experience running an MMO. I have done this for around 8 years and if it wasn't for packet encryption hacking would be rampant. You can only do so much when verifing client packets.

That being said Phi has the bluewing source is up on github so you could always alter it to meet your needs and add some sort of packet encryption or maybe even enquire with Phi on the cost to develop an extension to your requirements.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @TTP The full resources for Lacewing Relay and Blue are compiled together here:
    https://dark-wire.com/relay/

The downloads are on the bottom, the zips just need to be extracted into Fusion root folder.
    If you need any other help, you can ask on the Clickteam Discord.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a fully functioning top-down shooter in fusion and released the full code for it a while ago:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx...DMyd0V3OXo0SzA

it uses the lacewing extensions so make sure you have those installed before opening. enjoy!

Here is the original thread:
    https://community.clickteam.com/threads/97640-Fully-Functioning-Online-Multiplayer-Shooter-Example?p=695811#post695811

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    might experience a higher volume of responses.
    Ah?
    I've register my copy of CF and all my exporter, and i've no anwser when i'm asking something very important about features and exporters... that's quiete strange.