User Tag List

Thread: A fun little dynamic PMO spawner demo (+ need help)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb A fun little dynamic PMO spawner demo (+ need help)

After a year and a half, I have picked up Clickteam Fusion 2.5 Developer to make this little demo. Unfortunately, it won't work on Standard because it uses ListBox, but I have the exe (in the zip file) so you can play. The default controls are arrowkeys for player 1 and WSAD for player 2. Players 3 and 4 I don't know what it's set to.

You can add characters and assign a player controller for each as well as select and individually remove each character. This is to show how binding Platform Movement Objects and Active objects really works.

You might have issues with the arrowkeys suddenly changing the combobox inputs, but just click into the blank space of the ListBox and it will be unfocused which will let you play normally.

However, there are some issues: Sometimes when pressing many buttons, the PMO objects get a bit confused and so one instance using Player 1 doesn't jump synchronously along with another Player 1 instance. I'm not sure why, but I'd like you to check it out and tell me.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to get out of sync only after one of the actives with the same player no. has collided with an obstacle. Not sure how to fix it, yet that's where the sync problem is originating from. If you want them to stay in sync your going to have to get them behaving codependently; at the moment they are reacting independently to collisions that they encounter.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aenever View Post
    It seems to get out of sync only after one of the actives with the same player no. has collided with an obstacle. Not sure how to fix it, yet that's where the sync problem is originating from. If you want them to stay in sync your going to have to get them behaving codependently; at the moment they are reacting independently to collisions that they encounter.
    I don't quite understand what that means. Now I tried to experiment with the behavior. It seems that the behavior runs only once every frame as long as the object is in the frame even when there's no instance of it in it. So I made a foreach loop. The foreach loop worked for the input functions, but it unfortunately didn't work for the collision. The collision event trigger must be: "PMO: Test for obstacle overlap". But then it won't run with the loop. I tried to then put the loop event above and below it and it just couldn't work in any way; the character would fall through the ground! Then I just put the input events into the foreach loop. What turns out to have happened is that in a fraction of time, if I release my Up key between two characters' iterations, the first one will be a bit higher and the second one will be a bit lower. In Game Maker Studio, I solved this by using an input manager that handled and stored input into a 4-state input state array of buttons for every frame individually and then the game entities had their own internal 4-state input state array of buttons for every frame individually onto which the input manager's states would be applied in a special way to not cause glitches. However, in Clickteam Fusion 2.5, I don't know the event execution order! It's all illogical! Please help!