User Tag List

Thread: Saving and repeatedly losing selective coding

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Saving and repeatedly losing selective coding

For some reason I keep losing ridiculous amounts of code, all tied to active objects. Backdrops haven't been affect as I'm aware.

I DID save my progress and upon rebooting Clickteam 2.5 I've lost ALL coding tied to ALL of my active objects. Their movement types remain.

I DIDN'T reload an old save, as all active objects are accounted for and placed in the frame. None of them have ANY code tied to them however.

The file was originally a tutorial for 360 movement, and the objects relating to the tutorial do not interfere with the other active objects in any way. For some reason these didn't have their code deleted. They were successfully saved.

All actives I placed have lost their coding however.

THIS HAS HAPPENED BEFORE

I've lost all coding around a SINGLE active object once before, fortunately I was able to reload my save. However in this case I've lost all coding around active objects I've placed.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds really weird. I've never encountered anything like that. Do you have the latest build of fusion? Can't imagine this would happen even in older builds though. Does it happen every time you save or is it random behaviour? Do you put the code in the actual frame or in the global events?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've actually figured out what's causing the problem, and how to work around it. The main problem is impatience and a slow PC.

After saving and shutting down my computer I'm assuming that fusion isn't given time to properly save all the new changes (As I've never experienced the problem with small programs, even when TRYING to corrupt them). I think I'm cutting it off of the process before it's done in the background, which would explain why objects are saved and not their code. This can be easily avoided by waiting a few minutes or reopening the file after saving to "lock in" the save.

Sorry for the annoyance!