User Tag List

Thread: An idea, involving game engines, global objects & behaviors

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An idea, involving game engines, global objects & behaviors

So I was thinking..... Wouldn't it be possible for me to write the game engine inside an objects behavior, and set this object global? That way, I could try focusing building the environment in the frame editor, and bring the global object around different frames when I need it, while the games engine behavior would be the same in all the frames where it exists, even when I make changes to it.
    The only limitation I can see is that you can't use qualifiers within object behavior events. Is there any reason for this? Are there any workarounds that give the sane effect as qualifiers, but can work inside object behaviors? I feel like there is so much more I could do with a game engine without limitations like these.

If I can only use qualifiers in the current frame, then I would have to limit the game engine either in 1 frame, or in a way that there aren't multiple copies of it so I wouldn't get confused later. In terms of Fusion 3, would this still be a limit in qualifiers that can't be used in object behaviors?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't seem to edit my post to add new info, so I'll just write a new message.

Any way, from my experience, it seems that when I have an object, and set it with the Player qualifier (for this example), then I create another new "unused" object but rename it to Group.Player. THEN I am able to use qualifier events inside an object behavior events, instead of triggering the actual qualifier itself when that is not allowed.
    But from my understanding, wasn't this an unintended bug, or side effect from the original software's qualifiers option that couldn't be fixed, and was most likely frowned upon when used? Or was it because it would produce even more bugs when used during the long run of development? Though I can't remember what the exact reason was. But I don't want to start using it if it's something that Clickteam was considering removing all together at one point.

It does seem to peak my interest as to what I want to do with it. I'm still thinking about the whole standard game engine in a global objects behavior that I can take with me around frames, and then add in level specific only conditions in their own frame events if needed.