User Tag List

Thread: 360 Sonic-like Slope Movements?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 360 Sonic-like Slope Movements?

Hey everyone, I'm looking to make a Sonic game, so I decided to start with the movement.
    I found this tutorial here and followed it as much as I could but it wasn't too helpful as it was in German: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9PXS6Uox9o

In Sonic games, Sonic is able to walk up slopes and if that slope is connected to a wall while Sonic is running, he can run up it.
    Here is an example: https://youtu.be/ZLhCGP0mLRs?t=33

Does anybody have any ideas on how I can achieve this? I've been trying to do this for awhile by following the German guide as much as I can and by looking into the code of the Sonic Worlds engine but unfortunately it's far too complicated for me at this stage.

Can somebody point me in the right direction or maybe explain to me how exactly I could achieve the goal of creating Sonic-like movements for my player object?

Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you already are looking in the right direction. perhaps you should aim lower.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you using youtubes subtitle auto translate feature on PC? It's not the best but better than nothing. The videos are actually Brazilian/Portuguese very good tutorials sadly he's not making them any more as there is no financial incentive and he is too busy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danjo View Post
    you already are looking in the right direction. perhaps you should aim lower.
    If I aimed anywhere lower, I wouldn't really get the results I'm hoping for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fnkycoldmadeanr View Post
    Are you using youtubes subtitle auto translate feature on PC? It's not the best but better than nothing. The videos are actually Brazilian/Portuguese very good tutorials sadly he's not making them any more as there is no financial incentive and he is too busy.
    I actually tried that quite awhile ago but it didn't work. I tried again recently but got the same problem. Turns out it was a mistake of my own in following the instructions and after identifying and fixing the issue, I was able to advance quite a few tutorials into the series. I'll keep this thread updated.
    Thanks for the suggestion by the way. His content is pretty good from what I've seen, it's very unfortunate that he doesn't have any financial incentive from it.