User Tag List

Thread: Why don't my physics objects touch the floor?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't my physics objects touch the floor?

Hi Everyone.

I hope you can help, I have a physics objects which don't touch the ground and I can't for the life of me fix it.
    Below is what I mean.

I have pressed the G to make the ground collision correct but nothing seem to fix it.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone help?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you rotating that chair? tick smooth rotations

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @rosse119 : physical objects in Fusion don’t have pixel perfect collision (unless you use just non-rotated rectangles). This becomes especially visible on low resolution games. A workaround would be to set the collision shape to “shape of fist image” and use an “appear” animation frame with a collision shape slightly smaller than your actual displayed object. When the object is created on frame start or elsewhere, Fusion will auto-display the appear animation first and drag the physical collision shape from there. Your objects will then overlap the ground a bit but it looks way better than floating around

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    @rosse119 : physical objects in Fusion don’t have pixel perfect collision (unless you use just non-rotated rectangles). This becomes especially visible on low resolution games. A workaround would be to set the collision shape to “shape of fist image” and use an “appear” animation frame with a collision shape slightly smaller than your actual displayed object. When the object is created on frame start or elsewhere, Fusion will auto-display the appear animation first and drag the physical collision shape from there. Your objects will then overlap the ground a bit but it looks way better than floating around
    Hi Julian thanks for the help here.
    Do you mean handle the object collisions with a square active for example?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    le rosse119, if I run into issues I simply adjust le center point

Example a static object of 32 by 32 you have to set the Y hotspot to -1
    so that's 32 / 2 - 17
    need a math formula that will always give you this result, the percentage of this calculation based on a 32x32 picture or other sizes.
    I dono what it is but someone smart with le math can figure out that hahaha.
    physics collision.mfa

Hotspot Y

32 = -1

64 = 15

128 = 47

256 = x

there is your math homework for you find x lol

or you can simply adjust it until they line up hahaa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made an example to illustrate the "shrinking mask" concept. Actually, the native collision in my example worked really well, no gaps here. But I know your problem from the game I'm making (also low-resolution objects).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kj3ht0bcwy...hapes.001?dl=0