User Tag List

Thread: Any way to stop a launched object?

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any way to stop a launched object?

I'm incorporating a pause feature into my game after the fact, and one thing I need to do is halt all the projectiles and etc. that are flying around. I know that with my projectiles that were created and sent flying through moving ball object I can just set the maximum speed to 0 when paused and they stop.

But for projectiles that were launched (this game was made 10 years ago, so I used some "launch object at X at speed Y" lines in there) nothing seems to stop them at all.

While we're at it, has the "Stop" action ever worked to stop anything?

I don't want to go back and redo a ton of stuff if I don't have to. Help me, Obi-Wan! You're my only hope!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDITED: Nope, that didn't do it. Ack!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to say Stop just stops animations. No idea how to stop built in movements other than changing speed to 0.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Del_Duio View Post
    I'm incorporating a pause feature into my game after the fact, and one thing I need to do is halt all the projectiles and etc. that are flying around. I know that with my projectiles that were created and sent flying through moving ball object I can just set the maximum speed to 0 when paused and they stop.

But for projectiles that were launched (this game was made 10 years ago, so I used some "launch object at X at speed Y" lines in there) nothing seems to stop them at all.

While we're at it, has the "Stop" action ever worked to stop anything?

I don't want to go back and redo a ton of stuff if I don't have to. Help me, Obi-Wan! You're my only hope!
    A workaround could be to create a new object on top of the "Launched" object and destroy the launched one - with no speed/launch/whatever applied - and update all flags/values in the same event line.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually going back and redoing the launch events now. It'll suck right now but in the end it'll be worth it. Thanks anyhow guys!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone found a way to do this?

It seems very simple, except there's no way to regulate the movement of the launched objects. When I right-click the launched object's entry in the Event Editor, the entire Movement menu tree is grayed out, so setting speed to zero appears impossible.

Simple test - collide [Active Object 1] with [Active Object 2], have [Active Object 2] launch [Active Object 3].

[Active Object 3] is not controllable beyond initial speed settings.

Is there another way that I can stop [Active Object 3]'s movement?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I would do this is to write a manual movement for the said launched object, probably most likely put it inside a group. When you want to pause it for a brief moment, just disable the group that has the script for the moving/launched object. Re-enable the group for the object to start moving again.

Of course there are many ways to do it, but since I'm slightly more experienced, some may want a more simpler way to do it?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed and thank you for your thoughts, am doing that now with an alterable to trigger the event.

It just seems counterproductive for the quick-n-easy "launch" functionality to not be pause friendly, especially considering how Fusion is marketed toward non-programmers. Ah well. I'm getting better at this slowly but surely.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way to pause is to use Fusions built in pause function (under storyboard settings), if you are using your own you have to create your own bullet movement (search for 360 shooting to get started). See it as blessing in disguise since you will get a better feature too.