User Tag List

Thread: Always load most recent version / Clear cache of old build?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always load most recent version / Clear cache of old build?

I'd like my HTML5 app to always load the most recent version if the user has cached an older build. How do I do this without having it load a new cache EVERY time?

For example, if they are on the most recent version, the cache is used; if the user is on an older build, the cache is replaced and the app is loaded fresh.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bumping my own thread in hopes of an answer. I've tried basic cache busting, such as adding "/?ver=1.2.3" to the end of the URL but it doesn't force the new version. Only option seems to be manually deleting cache via browser menu. Hope there's an automated solution. Any ideas are welcome,

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I can't remember having such an issue. I've just tested here under Firefox, Chrome and Edge, and the HTML5 app refreshed to the newly uploaded version just by hitting F5. I've used all the defaults settings for an HTML5 app.

[EDIT] Tested and worked under:
    Windows 10 Desktop w/ Firefox, Chrome and Edge
    Android tablet w/ Chrome
    Apple iPod touch w/ Safari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious how it can load the newest version without the user needing to refresh or delete cache. Simple as it is, I still get lots of emails asking why a user isn't seeing the fresh version of the app when they log in.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I just tested again with all my devices / browsers, and actually the newly uploaded version of the HTML5 app loads every time I access the URL, even without hitting F5. Maybe this is a server problem?

I was you I would do the following tests. Upload a simple test app, with preferably all the properties set to default, to your webserver in a publicly accessible directory. If you don't get served the latest version, I suggest you to try another webserver.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    as test can you add this line to your index.html file

<meta http-equiv="expires" content="0">
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading this article it seems there are a lot of variables at play. I think I'll rely on a redirect to a unique URL to ensure the cache is properly busted.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-browser-cache