User Tag List

Thread: Test for certain angle of object?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Test for certain angle of object?

Is there a way to do this, please?

I want to create a spotlight, so I want to test: if Active Object: 'Spot Light' > Angle 35 > Set Alt Value to 1

Many thanks,
    Dave.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use "Compare two general values" to do this, I think.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An easy way is to set a variable of the object to its angle. I tend to set a variable, then set the object's angle to that variable (in that order). Then you always have the angle stored and it is much easier to manipulate the angle of the object in general. You can also then compare the variable to a value. You should avoid using "compare 2 general values" because you won't get object scoping with that method (and will probably post a follow up question involving scoping) :P .

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobichan View Post
    An easy way is to set a variable of the object to its angle. I tend to set a variable, then set the object's angle to that variable (in that order). Then you always have the angle stored and it is much easier to manipulate the angle of the object in general. You can also then compare the variable to a value. You should avoid using "compare 2 general values" because you won't get object scoping with that method (and will probably post a follow up question involving scoping) :P .
    @mobichan - Would you please be able to make an example of this if you have the time please?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    angle_to_target.mfa

Here is a super simple example. Move with the arrow keys. For what you wanted to do, you would just test the angleToTarget variable's value against whatever angle you need.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mobichan - Cheer buddy I will test this tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mobichan - Cool example mate, i'm sure I can use this somewhere else in my game in later levels. But it's not what I'm looking for. I have figured out a way to do a spotlight but it goes out of sync. I can make a reset for it but seems like a crude fix to me.

EDIT - What i'm looking to do it > If Active1 at Angle 45 > Set Angle of Angle to -1

If Active1 at Angle -45 > Set Angle of Angle to +1

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don’t understand what you are trying to do. Can you tell us a little about your game and what this is specifically trying to do?