User Tag List

Thread: [WIP] Project Fantasy. LowRez Weapon Based Platform Fighter.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[WIP] Project Fantasy. LowRez Weapon Based Platform Fighter.

Hello,

About 2 years ago I entered a LowRez game jam and ended up running out of time while on the submission page. After showing it off to some peers and recieving some positive feedback we decided to continue forward and turn it into a full project.

Here is the first trailer for our project! Check it out!!

Overview:
    Project Fantasy is a LowRez platform fighter with an emphasis on weapon play mix with magic/specials, HP and MP(meter) management, and a large cast of characters with very unique gimmicks that sets them appart.

Gameplay:
    Gameplay is very fast paced and frantic. The game is desined with button mashers in mind as well as for those that like to delve deep into mechanics and get the upper hand. Because of the inclusion of Health Bars, you not only have to worry about getting knocked out of the arena (depending on the stage, and it's hazards), but having you HP depleted as well.

Inspirations:
    As you may have noticed the game shares many vissual similarities to the Soul Calibur Series. Soul Calibur 2 (being one of, if not, my favorite fighting game) is a huge influence on the game's style. Aside from that, I have taken a few notes Smash. But everything else is us simply making the game into something we enjoy to play, and can be proud of.

Progress:
    The game is about 40% complete as we still have about 20+ characters to add, as well as a Story Mode, online features, and a few more things that I cannot disclose just yet :P We still have about a year left of development, but I hope that this has gained your interest

Follow Development:
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Website

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Really nice work!

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful! Simply beautiful! I love it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gameplay-wise this is a very impressive work! I'm really not sure about the art tho (would be a deal-breaker for me), but that's really just my opinion. The cutscenes and gestures, as well as the pacing, show that you've some excellent skills as an animator and artist, so why would you go with a style like this? The concept reminds me of games like Rivals of Aether and Roof Rage. I kind of think Roof Rage is the lowest resolution you can go for a fighting game character without loosing readability. Those portraits are great and you designed interesting and contrasting fighters, but in game I can hardly distinguish them.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    that little piece of full screen size animation was amazing, i wanted to see a game of that! lol. gameplay looks solid tho, u can clearly feel the impacts even tho u can barely make out the characters so good job on that!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the kind words everyone ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    The cutscenes and gestures, as well as the pacing, show that you've some excellent skills as an animator and artist, so why would you go with a style like this? The concept reminds me of games like Rivals of Aether and Roof Rage. I kind of think Roof Rage is the lowest resolution you can go for a fighting game character without loosing readability. Those portraits are great and you designed interesting and contrasting fighters, but in game I can hardly distinguish them.
    So the art style of the game is mainly because of two factors. As stated at the beginning of my original post, this title originally started as a LowRez game jam entry. With that said, it is the game that we want to finish in it's original 64x64 style (with a few exceptions involving hud and some text elements). Aside from that, another thing that the current art style comes down to is a lack of time and our focus on other things that I cannot disclose.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds reasonable to me, donít know how many you are, but itís true that fighting games tend to overscope very quickly. And one never knows, I think the style is very risky, but maybe itíll find its audience.