User Tag List

Thread: Collision issues with 8D movement (using the physics object)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Collision issues with 8D movement (using the physics object)

I have created an active object with the 8D physics movement type.

I have also created an active to act as an obstacle with only one event.

Stop code.PNG

When the player is moving in the exact direction of the wall, (Say the wall is to the right, and the player is moving right) the player stops perfectly. However when moving in a direction PARALLEL to the wall it gets pushed away slightly from it.

Backdrop.gif

I have not been able to find any tutorials on 8D physics movement, and I have not found anyone with a similliar problem. Is there something I am forgetting?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its an issue with the hostspot of your actives, set them to the center.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    I think its an issue with the hostspot of your actives, set them to the center.
    They are already the centered, I played around with the hotspot and it didn't do much good. It seems like there's a LARGER collider that shows up when the player moves?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)SWF Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes its true, its not the hotspot, i see now what you mean. If you run against the static-obstacle and along it at the sametime the movement-object gets pushed away slightly. But i have no idea why its happening, maybe a side-effect how physics work on collison or a bug, you should ask that someone from clickteam on the bugtracker to get a clear answer.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok i see now what the problem is, on the physics 8 dir movement you can set the collison shape to "circle" that fixes it on my end.

But its still strange that the box colider pushes it away (even when rotation is disabled).