User Tag List

Thread: Delete chunks of a backdrop (like in Worms)

Clicker Android Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delete chunks of a backdrop (like in Worms)

Hello,

Does anyone know how to delete chunks of a backdrop to allow the player to walk inside it? Much like the Worms games.

https://youtu.be/2KaiXeteNtQ?t=1m9s

Thanks,

Jacob

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure. There are two methods. The easiest method is done without 3rd party extensions, but only work if the background is a solid color. Simply have an active object shaped like the hole you want to create which is the same color as the background. To create the hole, add the object to background (as non obstacle) and destroy it.

Method two requires you to use the Surface object, and will therefore only work on Windows runtime, but gives the best result.
    Check out this example by @Anders: https://www.andersriggelsen.dk/mmf2_examples.php

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
    Sure. There are two methods. The easiest method is done without 3rd party extensions, but only work if the background is a solid color. Simply have an active object shaped like the hole you want to create which is the same color as the background. To create the hole, add the object to background (as non obstacle) and destroy it.

Method two requires you to use the Surface object, and will therefore only work on Windows runtime, but gives the best result.
    Check out this example by @Anders: https://www.andersriggelsen.dk/mmf2_examples.php
    Thanks, the Surface object example was useful.

I am kinda looking for something a bit more advanced. I'm searching for a way to carve shapes into backdrop objects specifically. I was hoping I could use the Surface object to blit a texture onto a backdrop object. Let me know if you have any more ideas or thoughts. :P

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what kind of shapes are you looking to carve? Great tutorial Anders!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubes View Post
    what kind of shapes are you looking to carve? Great tutorial Anders!
    Polygons. Literally any shapes. It is possible to paste an Active Object on top of a backdrop, set its collision to "Not an obstacle" and the player can then walk inside it. Only problem is, you're then left with the Active Object...

It's not like you can paste a backdrop and then make it invisible or anything like that, so you have to paste either a solid colour or a texture over the top of a backdrop.

I think I just need the Surface Object for shaping the polygon of the texture to be honest. But I was wondering if anyone else knew anything.