User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Alterable string formula: Active Object perform a certain action if...

  1. #1
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Crian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    384
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Alterable string formula: Active Object perform a certain action if...

    Hy guys, I'm trying to permit an Active Object perform a certain action if any of its alterable string contain the text "Jump".
    I achieved it, but the formula I used is very ... raw. Could someone of you please help me to refine it a little bit?
    Thank you.
    Attached files Attached files

  2. #2
    Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    defisym's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe like this……?If I didn't misunderstand……
    Find.png
    Search for 10 times cause Fusion now only have 10 alterable strings.

  3. #3
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Crian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    384
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defisym View Post
    Maybe like this……?If I didn't misunderstand……
    Find.png
    Search for 10 times cause Fusion now only have 10 alterable strings.
    Thank you, but it doesn't seems correct, moreover you did two lines of code instead of one, which means that the code would be slower.
    Is there no way to indicate a range of numbers?

  4. #4
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    aenever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,421
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crian, defisym's code works fine and it's probably the best solution. I've posted another solution below to comare three methods. Even though defisym's solution has two lines, it doesn't mean it's slower. As It's actually more logical and it's only called when the space-bar is pressed.

    Where as a one line solution, such as the one I posted, will check to see if it's true continuously. Help me out people, yet I'm sure the loop takes up less resources as it does a 10 check loop on a space-bar press vs an infinite check.

    AS_test 2 solutions.mfa

  5. #5
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Crian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    384
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aenever View Post
    Crian, defisym's code works fine and it's probably the best solution. I've posted another solution below to comare three methods. Even though defisym's solution has two lines, it doesn't mean it's slower. As It's actually more logical and it's only called when the space-bar is pressed.

    Where as a one line solution, such as the one I posted, will check to see if it's true continuously. Help me out people, yet I'm sure the loop takes up less resources as it does a 10 check loop on a space-bar press vs an infinite check.

    AS_test 2 solutions.mfa
    Yes the defisym solution work fine, it was my fault. Anyway about which method is faster... I'm not sure, maybe with the new functionality of the upcoming Fusion 2.5+ will be possible to test it. We'll see. By the way, thank you for your sample.

  6. #6
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    aenever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,421
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crian View Post
    Yes the defisym solution work fine, it was my fault. Anyway about which method is faster... I'm not sure, maybe with the new functionality of the upcoming Fusion 2.5+ will be possible to test it. We'll see. By the way, thank you for your sample.
    Anytime my friend, I’m looking towards 2.5+ with a great deal of anticipation too

Similar Threads

  1. put in an alterable string as an object name
    By Tebi1234 in forum Fusion 2.5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22nd February 2019, 09:10 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 13th July 2017, 06:28 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30th June 2016, 10:16 AM
  4. Softkeyboard: perform action when Done key is pressed
    By Bipolar_Games in forum Android Export Module Version 2.0
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15th January 2014, 03:09 AM
  5. Problem with Active System Box and Application Alterable String
    By droberson in forum Multimedia Fusion 2 - Technical Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23rd March 2013, 09:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •