User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How to see what an array contains?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can call the file whatever you like, when you save it.. you can for example, type "gamesave.arr" or type "game.dat" etc. Just type the extension yourself.. or no extension at all. Or you could probably make an expression to add an extension on by default

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    You can call the file whatever you like, when you save it.. you can for example, type "gamesave.arr" or type "game.dat" etc. Just type the extension yourself.. or no extension at all. Or you could probably make an expression to add an extension on by default
    Ah ok! But when I open the file in your mfa it is empty?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post

I have attached your mfa and added 2 events on top on how I write to the array and then save it. But when opening I cant see any values?
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are using a Text Array and try to insert Number Value so it writes nothing into it, the array is alwais empty and so you save an empty array.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Ombra1 View Post
    You are using a Text Array and try to insert Number Value so it writes nothing into it, the array is alwais empty and so you save an empty array.
    I changed it now to a number array and still nothing

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changing to number I see the value into the array

array.png

the problem now is how you want to use the save/load array into your application

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take a look at this little example if can be usefull

ArrayLoadSave.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been having the same kind of issue for a month, trying to store a value to X1Y0 and it never stores internally nor saves externally. Is there a specific order we have to save the array in? For instance, say we want to store a value at X1Y0. Would we always have to store something at X0Y0 first? In other tests I've done I haven't had this issue, but in my main project I can't get arrays to do anything for some reason.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a game I made I used some 2D-Array to store information about enemy AI, each array is a different random beahavior.
    I created the array in a utility app using a DataGrid, then past the value into the array (two nested fastloop row-column) and saved it.
    In the main game I load this arrays and I have no problems.
    I think now to don't undestand wath is the real problem discussed here, I am a little confuse now

Edit: oh the same thing for the level editor for the game working with 2D-Array, no problem in saving and loading data.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of right now I'm trying to save and load data from the main menu (for instance, sound volume). The functions used to work just fine with an INI. However, upon switching that system over an array, suddenly nothing saves. I am writing the Value (Sound Volume) to X1Y0, then saving the array. At the start of the frame, I then load the array back in, and set the volume to the value stored in X1Y0. However, I can tell through testing that the value isn't storing when I write it, and I'm beyond baffled at this point.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast