User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How to see what an array contains?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How to see what an array contains?

What is the easiest way to see what an array contains? Is there any example that I can use to easy get the info?

With .ini it is ease because you can just open them and look in notepad. But how about arrays?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use the built-in debugger, but it's not ideal.

I made this tool to convert between array and xml spreadsheet (can be opened in Excel, Open Office, etc) formats: http://create-games.com/download.asp?id=8360 / http://sketchy.co.nf (the first item in the list)
    ...or if you *really* want to skip the conversion step, there's this even older tool, which is nowhere near finished, but kind of does the job: http://create-games.com/download.asp?id=7273

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, but how do I open the program? When I try to open the .exe I just get an error "Cannot create subdirectory in temporary directory !"

Also how to use the inbult debugger for this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like a windows permissions issue - maybe move the exe to a non-protected folder or run it as an admin?

The built-in debugger is self-explanatory - you add the array object to the debugger using the "add to debugger" action or by clicking on the debugger panel's "add object to debugger" button, and then to display / edit a value, you double-click where it says "double-click to display / edit a value".

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's a 2D array you can just open it with the DataGrid object ( File -> Load from array object ).
    It's just a spreadsheet like extension for Dev only.
    Extracting a 2D array to display it from a 3D array should not be a problem.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the game I'm working on.. I made an ultra basic array viewer / editor.. it just lets you see / edit a grid of array cells, you can move through the array XYZ etc.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm I am trying to save the array though with the save file event to have something to open. But it only saves a "file" it does not save a .arr?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not sure exactly how you're trying to do it, does this help?
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    not sure exactly how you're trying to do it, does this help?
    I mean that it seems I need to open an .arr file? But how do I save this .arr file in the first place? When I do the event "save file" on the array I don't get an .arr file, but just a file. When I try to open this it contains nothing.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you give an example .mfa on how you save/load the array?
    So we can try to find the problem, with only words is as said by DaveC "not sure exactly how you're trying to do it".
    If you can send a little .mfa it could be of great help.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast