User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Multiple collision detection in Firefly possible?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Multiple collision detection in Firefly possible?

Hello,
    as the title says how to you make an object recognize multiple collisions at the same time?
    I have for example setup an FPS movement, the collision against the ground works perfectly fine but when i run against another object or wall the collison simple gets ignored and i run through this object.

So is it even possible to detect multiple collisions in Firefly?!

If somebody got it to work please publish an example mfa here, thanks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is an example that shows the problem.

If the collision of the player against the ground is active it then simply ignores the collision with the cube, you can run inside it.
    And yes, the collision of the cube works, because you can jump on the cube, that behavior shows clearly the player object detects only on collision at the same time and ignores the others!!!
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Ok after experimenting around now for one full day it simple looks like its not possible to get this to work.

In my example it would kind of work if you use colliders (front, back, left, right, up, down) for the player to detect collision of the world (ground, wall, etc.) but the problem would still persist because just imagine lot of enemys/bullets etc. colliding with one of your colliders at the same time, you would have than the same problem - the colliders could only detect on collision (bullet/enemy) at the same time and ignore the others which is definitly not what you want to happen.

The only real alternative solution i found on google for collision checking would be to use raycasting but firefly does simply not support this either!!!

In my opinion thats a serious showstopper for the whole engine and has to be adressed by clickteam because it makes it literaly impossible to develop any game/app that makes use of collisions.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    havent looked into collision mfa yet - but firefly does support raycasting

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this work? I changed your jump code and added a collision code. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vz...DGrKff9Kc0nk2n

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here I get access denied and that I need permission.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be fixed. Sorry, migrating from Microsoft to Google.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's come to my attention that the file is resticted to inside my company, my apologies. I have a file on my website https://www.quailstudio1.com/shop that you can download. Just create an account and use the code "Firefly" during checkout to download the file for free (due to wix limitations I have to work around the price with a code). This will only work if you have one example in your code and coupons cannot stack unfortunately.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No thank you. I will pass on needing to creating a account.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, sorry for the inconveniences. But the only difference in the code is I changed the collision check to if space is pressed then added if camera node collides -->set position to [x and z]collision intersect(get last fixed value of collision) then y position to the y position of the camera.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast