User Tag List

Thread: [REQUEST] Native Animations for Android / iOS (Lottie)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb [REQUEST] Native Animations for Android / iOS (Lottie)

Hi, I'm a graphic designer, I usually work doing visual effects and motion for TV Comercials and movies here in Brazil
    A while ago, I've found ways to export After Effects animation to JSON files, and integrate it to Android and iOS, which at time was interesting but I never tought a lot about it
    Now Fusion can export to Android and iOS, and this has come to my mind. It's amazing, it's like animated vector graphics, seem to be lightweight and absolutely gorgeous!
    So I want to request to awesome extension developers to port it to the Fusion as an extension, here's what you need:

https://airbnb.design/lottie/

There's many tutorials on how to use and implement this in native Android code, so it shouldn't be so hard to implement in Fusion as a extension...
    Also, if possible, would be really great to make it work on Windows too, I know that we can use videos in Windows since storage isn't a big problem as in mobile devices, but would it be just nice to have.

Anyone? It could be a paid extension (for Clickstore?), I don't really mind to pay for it, but I think many mobile Fusion developers would be glad to get this.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is nice, but take care that a extension like this will be always on top of the fusion canvas (like webview, editbox, googlemaps,...) this makes it a bit senseless actually - better export the animation from after effects as png and use it in fusion actives

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But, using images/actives or videos, it takes a lot of storage, specially with high resolution devices (devices nowadays can get up to 4K resolution, or UHD is the correct term, and will get higher and higher soon)
    And this way it will impact in performance a lot more than native animations, even if it run on top of the fusion canvas.
    It makes sense because since Android and iOS apps from Fusion 2.5 suffer a lot of performance loss because of event emulation, any way to make it run lighter is welcome.
    Nobody wants a simple app taking hundreds of megabytes just to look as good as any other app not made with Fusion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the looks of it, this can run in a browser, BUT, it can't run locally in most browsers (I assume that it can't work with Web View extension), so it shouldn't be that hard to make...
    Any simple browser extension that can run javascript from a html file (not url / server) should work.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It could be an SVG extension, it can be animated, would do the trick...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Fuuriokun , they won't even answer to my request to get the latest SDK to build iOS extensions (like Firebase ��)
    I recommend you to learn Swift (you can get good and cheap tutorials on Udemy) and build your app with Xcode.
    I checked the Lottie GitHub page, it just requires one line of code.

Swift code:

let animationView = LOTAnimationView(name: "LottieLogo")
    self.view.addSubview(animationView)
    animationView.play()

And keep in mind Xcode also have auto complete, so you don't have to learn every single lines.
    It is like Fusion, when you right click on an object in the event editor and you have a context menu. You just have to type the name of your object and type a dot. Xcode will suggest what you can do.

I you really want to go cross platforms, you can use Unity for video games.

Fusion was a good software. 15 years ago.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm working on an Android extension native SDK at the moment. It'll be cross-compatible with Windows and Android. Should be out in a couple weeks.
    As far as iOS, I'm pretty sure it's nigh impossible to create for iOS on Windows - you'd need some sort of iOS remote device, I believe - but I'll see what I can do.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds very interesting, @Phi !
    Does this mean that you can overlap these visual extensions with standard fusion components? (I think of a sidemenu overlapping native components, ...)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
    This sounds very interesting, @Phi !
    Does this mean that you can overlap these visual extensions with standard fusion components? (I think of a sidemenu overlapping native components, ...)
    Depends on how the ext draws, and how the native thing draws... but don't see why not. I know Surface object can choose between displaying as active and displaying as overlapping, same for subapp, so any ext should be able to use the same principle.