User Tag List

Thread: How Reset Dialogue to Paragraph 1?

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Reset Dialogue to Paragraph 1?

Trying to create an RPG game like Undertale where NPCs can talk to the player when pressed in front of. I want to make it so the paragraph resets to 1 when the npc is clicked on again, as right now he always just repeats the last line. Would really appreciate help.

This is a link to my MFA File.

https://we.tl/OkzCSgsm0u

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is an action in the String object called "Set Paragraph" you would use that to change it to the proper paragraph. I can't recall, but I think paragraphs are 0-based (even though they are named starting with 1). This means you need to set the paragraph to 0 to get the first paragraph.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobichan View Post
    There is an action in the String object called "Set Paragraph" you would use that to change it to the proper paragraph. I can't recall, but I think paragraphs are 0-based (even though they are named starting with 1). This means you need to set the paragraph to 0 to get the first paragraph.
    Clickteam doesn't give me the option, if you looked at my code, I'd seriously appreciate it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The option is there. When you make a new action, you simply right click the string object and choose "Set Paragraph". Then you set it to whatever you like.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i looked. where it is going wrong, is you havent reset the Alt valUe ( conv-count ) back to [ zero ] when you either walk away or finish
    eg;
    user clicks on npc + convo_count >0 : set convo_count to 0
    or however you want to do it.

for now, the count keeps incrementing, and it will always display your last paragraph

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danjo View Post
    i looked. where it is going wrong, is you havent reset the Alt valUe ( conv-count ) back to [ zero ] when you either walk away or finish
    eg;
    user clicks on npc + convo_count >0 : set convo_count to 0
    or however you want to do it.

for now, the count keeps incrementing, and it will always display your last paragraph
    Thank you very much, man!! I really owe you one, I was struggling with that for a while