User Tag List

Thread: Any idea why certain machines won't run my app?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any idea why certain machines won't run my app?

There's a computer lab using my windows software built with Fusion and install Creator Pro. I'm about to just issue them a refund and to say the hell with it since my software has problems only on their machines. I'm just curious if anyone has any insights as to why this could happen that I can share with them.

The short of it is hard returns are removed from strings, key press events combined with shift being held don't seem to work, and now on one of their machines the software is totally unresponsive once it is run.

The software has been run on countless other machines without issue so I do think the problems are local to them. It's just a pretty big order that I hate to lose so I'm grasping for information as to what's going on. Any insight is appreciated.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What type of malware software do they run? What antivirus software is running? Do they have malware? What OS are they running? 32bit? 64bit?

Oh check also what firewall they are using?

Boot to safe mode and see if the problem is still there.

Some may run a Kiosk type software to keep certain type of software from running on the systems. Only approved software may run others blocked.

Look at this also:
    Windows Policy for Machines
    See: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to...ified-programs

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which language and operating system are they running?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could first check the BIO and the Microsoft updates of the machines not working and the ones that work. Update the BIO to the latest release from the vendors website. Then update Microsoft updates and see if the problem still exists.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @ratty the first thing to do before anything else is to ask they run an essentially blank app on their machine - put something minimal in it like a text message. If they have the same issues with this then it's something to do with Fusion's basic core code. Further diagnostics would then be possible.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Windows 10 Education license in US English.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the idea. I'll do exactly that. The software used to run on their previous machine but is now having trouble in their new builds.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No problemo. Step 2, assuming that Step 1 runs OK, is to keep the basic app and simply add all of the extensions you've used in your app (without any events still). If it fails then, you know it was most likely an issue with a specific extension.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simon do you think it possible that Clickteam could create a troubleshooting app for cases like this? Then it could feed results back to Clickteam's bug report for consideration by the programmers. It would speed up troubleshooting and spotting mal-functional extensions or code.

I mean if a program fails to run Clickteam is always going to be blamed for poor code when it might, mostly is, extension code.