User Tag List

Thread: Fake 3D method questions

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fake 3D method questions

There's a new video by 2kliksphilip where he explains a way in which he achieved a fake 3D effect in clickteam. I thought it looked pretty cool so I wanted to give it a shot but I haven't been able to figure out how he does it. It feels like i'd need to make a bunch of sprites and make them move with each other to get this effect but he seems to have the animation all as one sprite. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Heres the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjFlIxGzABY

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingme121 View Post
    There's a new video by 2kliksphilip where he explains a way in which he achieved a fake 3D effect in clickteam. I thought it looked pretty cool so I wanted to give it a shot but I haven't been able to figure out how he does it. It feels like i'd need to make a bunch of sprites and make them move with each other to get this effect but he seems to have the animation all as one sprite. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Heres the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjFlIxGzABY
    a way to achieve similar fake 3d is to make your model (in blender for example) animate it and render the animation 8 times (or 16) each time from a different angle to achieve a 360 movement. up down right left and 4 diagonal views (or more). after that you import the sprites of every animation (for example the left-up diagonal animation) to the direction counterpart..you import all the animations to the correct directions of your active object and this is it. depending the direction you give a different animation will play...8 rendering animations is basic, 16 rendering animations (i mean 16 different angles ) will be smoother..

edit must be isometric rendering for best results
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHPr6Qi-n3c

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm quite impressed by that video of 2kliksphilip. I really like the style.

I've attempted to copy his method and attached an example.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's actually extremely simple, and if you look at true voxel modelling, it's almost exactly the same concept (if you go down this route, a voxel-modelling tool would probably be very useful to you).
    Just imagine you have a 3D object, and you take a whole bunch of slices through it, parallel to the ground, but at different heights - and then each slice becomes a different animation frame.
    Then you just create a bunch of duplicate objects, and offset the Y coordinate and animation frame of each by 1, compared to the previous one.
    The only difficult part is creating the voxel model to begin with.

There are some pretty serious limitations - it only allows rotation about one axis, it doesn't allow any lighting/shading, it's not a true perspective 3D so the results can look warped (bear in mind that objects are stretched along the Y axis too), it uses a lot of objects which makes it potentially slow, it can be difficult to create decent voxel models...

So yeah, you're much better off just creating a simple 3D model and pre-rendering it from many angles.

Anyway, here's a simple example with some models I made years ago:
    3dPlanes.mfa

Notice the distortion using this method, compared to how they should look:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!Atq7cUIJ7uexhF0qeIP6OXWCrCWi (click "download")

There's also a written article about the technique on The Daily Click ( create-games.com ), but the site seems to be down at the moment...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the concept of this using multiple sprite layers of an object to do more things. It's really neat. Though it's probably more rough to create all those smaller objects to build 1 single larger object. But it really looks beautiful in the end

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info on voxels, and thanks for all the examples. Think I know what i'm doing now.