User Tag List

Thread: Need Help with 2D Laser Puzzle

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Need Help with 2D Laser Puzzle

So, I've been experimenting with Clickteam for a couple days now, and while I have learned quite a bit thanks to YouTube videos, I figured I'd ask the question I wi sh to ask.

I wanted to make an engine for a puzzle game, where you have a lazer that starts at one point and using special units to redirect the laser to help it reach the goal. However, my attempts at it didn't work, as I think I over complicated things and ended up bugging the whole system out. If you want an idea of how this is suppost to work, think of it like the Portal 2 laser, but in 2D.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havent tried this but a way in theory would be to match an entry and exit point. Then check if a laser object is overlapping the entry object, create a laser object at the exit object and then stretch it in whatever direction you choose. Or if the lasers are bouncing you can just create a laser object at the same entry object and stretch/rotate it in the direction it's supposed to go.

In theory that would work but what exactly do you need help with?

Clicker iOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean like this game? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cK6CaEaXX8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dex View Post
    Do you mean like this game? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cK6CaEaXX8
    Actually. yes.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you actually haven,t asked a question... but insinuated you want someone to make the engine for you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danjo View Post
    you actually haven,t asked a question... but insinuated you want someone to make the engine for you?
    Okay then. I managed to make the laser work, and rotate with the emitter of the laser, as well as setting it up so when the laser collides with the reciever, it'll do a thing. However, what I'm trying to figure out is how to make it so if the laser collides with something like the redirection cube from Portal 2, how do I set up a new laser independent from the original laser?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think someone made an example of this a long time ago, and probably is in the old examples.
    *** not the answer, but more of what you need to do:
    each mirror, needs to have a state (active or not active)
    active mirrors are mirrors that are currently hit by a laser - so you must always check for that every game loop.
    active mirrors will them emit a laser in its current angle/direction, until it hits an obstacle or another mirror.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm dumb.
    So, I figured it out by creating new lasers, giving them their own source, and disabling them when the laser isn't active.
    I've attached my variation of it, as each laser emitter only moves in 4 directions. I also think I made it more complicated then I should've, given how each laser has it's own separate loop.

Laser.mfa