User Tag List

Thread: App hangs when switching from fullscreen to windowed mode/ recent Win10 update issue?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

App hangs when switching from fullscreen to windowed mode/ recent Win10 update issue?

Windows recently installed function update 1803 on my dev machine. After that, I noticed switching from (Storyboard Controls): Screen - Full Screen Mode to (Storyboard Controls): Screen - Windowed Mode in game causes a major hang of about 5-10 seconds, sometimes even a total crash. I rolled back the update on my machine but the issue persisted. I'm always a bit sceptical if those rollbacks really do what they claim, and I'm - of course - curious if anyone else experiences this issue right now. My only workaround ATM is to not use Full Screen Mode, but that comes with a major performance cost :/

I can reproduce it with a (nearly) blank .mfa: Screen Mode lag test (Dropbox)

edit: the issue is not related to the recent Fusion (beta) builds

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to bump this up guys, today Windows version 1803 installed on my second Win 10 machine and now it shows the issue too. I can now confirm that Update 1803 induces a significant hang of Fusion Apps if shifted from real FS to windowed mode on runtime. In my specific setup this issue induces very bad trouble as I need to shift from real FS to Windowed when loading a room layout. Can anyone on Win 10 version 1803 confirm this issue, it can be easily tested with the .mfa I posted. I'll try to find a workaround and probably open a bug box report for this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, I have 1803 Win and tested this and I get about 3-4 second delay between switching between Fullscreen and Windowed. I haven't got a crash yet though. My PC is a gaming machine, not sure if that might be speeding up the process for me.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the confirmation, mate!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just updated the .mfa to showcase another issue with 1803 that is probably related. On Real FS Win 10 now forces V-Sync on the App, no matter what Fusion's internal settings are. Toggling Vsync while on Real FS also induces a hang.

These issues combined are IMO quite severe for a lot of setups. I just did a quick googling and the recent 1803 update seems to have induced a lot of Vsync and FS issues with other games too. Yet, nobody has a solution for this. I think this is not something related to Fusion tho, I'll probably wait for the next Win update and see how it goes.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh geez!! Nice find, hope they come up with a fast update to fix that... =/

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    >> On Real FS Win 10 now forces V-Sync on the App, no matter what Fusion's internal settings are.

I'm sorry but this sounds 100% normal, in real full screen mode the screen switch will happen only during the vertical blank...

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    >> On Real FS Win 10 now forces V-Sync on the App, no matter what Fusion's internal settings are.

I'm sorry but this sounds 100% normal, in real full screen mode the screen switch will happen only during the vertical blank...
    Before the latest 2018 updates unlocking the framerate was definitively possible in real Fullscreen mode. Now the maximum FR is always limited by the monitors refresh rate which makes, for example, running performance benchmarks on real Fullscreen impossible. I usually always sync my apps anyway, so (next to the benchmarking issue) I’ve no problems with that. The described freezes are very annoying tho. I won’t open a bug report for this as I really think this is not a Fusion issue and it is not related to any changes you guys made in the latest builds. I just hope Microsoft will fix this in later updates.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, I’m bumping this up again cuz it really annoys me as the major lag when switching screen modes since Win10 update 1803 (Q2/2018) persists. This update definitively changed the way apps and games sync. I feel Fusion really benefits from this in case of microstuttering, I don’t experience it at all anymore. I would love to get this screen mode switching issue solved tho and I’ve no idea how to approach it. .mfa linked in my first post.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a quick note that this issue has been solved with Win 10 Version 1903, which was just rolled out!