User Tag List

Thread: Qualifiers - are they like empty placeholders?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Qualifiers - are they like empty placeholders?

I'm wondering, are qualifiers like "empty placeholders" for whatever you want to use them for? I mean there's nothing preprogrammed into them? It doesn't really matter which one I pick, except it would of course make sense to pick one that has a name that is relevant to what I want to use it for? But generally it wouldn't really matter which one I pick, is that correct?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Qualifiers is a way to group different objects with the same behavior, if you have an event that is equal for each of this different objects you can use the event on the qualifier to make all the objects do the same thing, there is no code associated with them only the associative name that as you said is good to choose depending on the use of the Object.
    As an example in a game you have 3 active object, let say "Orc", "Goblin" and "Dragon".
    They are all moster that can kill the "Player", so you can add the "Enemy" qualifier to each one of them.
    When you check if one of them is overlapping the player enstead of using three event, one for each monster active, you can check one event on the "Enemy" qualifier affecting all the previous objects.
    This is just a tip, somone else can surely clarify it better than me.

Clickteam Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, what you've said is correct. Qualifiers don't have any built-in code attached to them. So an "Enemy" qualifier will work the same as "Decorations", but it makes sense to pick ones with names that describe their function.
    - BartekB, a.k.a Uppernate
    Join the Click Converse Discord! - https://discord.gg/7RNXFrC
    Dungeon Raiders! - Link soon™

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they are not a placeholder. they are a way of putting in your code a "name" for a group of any objects.
    they can be for anything, not necessarily for collisions. its really up to the user how they are used, and the names/icons dont mean anything except for your reference.
    then as 10mbra1 mentions, you can then reference the group/qualifier as a whole, rather than a mass of individual objects.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can also give more than one qualifier to an object to have different behavior.

For example if you have those objects: "Axe", "Sword", "Bullet", "Missile"...
    all of them can have the qualifier "Weapon", because of course are weapons.
    Now you can add to "Bullet" and "Missile" the qualifier "Ammo" and add to "Axe" and "Sword" the qualifier "Melee". (I just create the name into the " as example).
    And here is the magic, if you call an event using "Weapon" you check all the four objects, but if you use "Ammo" or "Melee" you check only the two on the correct "subgroup of weapons".

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks all for your great help and explanations!