User Tag List

Thread: How to optimize an android app who originaly displays 1000 active objects?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to optimize an android app who originaly displays 1000 active objects?

Hello, I make an app with nearly 1000 big white pixels that vary in opacity above a black background. Each pixel is an active object. On my computer it's perfect but the .apk on my phone is very slow. Does someone sees a way to widely improve the frame rate?
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try turning off "use fine collision detection" for the squares if they're not needed..... can you pre-bake the opacity rather than do it at runtime?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your answer. Fine collision detection is already turned off, and prebaking the opacity is not possible in my app because what you see above is drawn by the user in realtime.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess by prebaking the opacity DaveC meant using opaque actives with shades of gray rather than using transparency which is more cpu intensive.
    Also your squares are 20*20 pixels which are internally translated to 32*32 pixels in memory. Perhaps you could use scaled 8*8 squares instead ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your ideas. Shades of grey and 8x8 don't improve the frame rate in my app. It seems than 1000 objects are far too much for my phone, even if I delete all the events. I tried with active backdrops instead of active objects but it's the same.