User Tag List

Thread: I need help creating a frame to go in another?

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need help creating a frame to go in another?

Hey, I have not posted here in a while.

So, I got clickteam fusion a while ago and I am practicing my skills by making a simple FNAF fangame. I'm trying to do something with the office and the computer.

So you see, the main game takes place inside an office (of course). However, the game features a computer that you can use, rather than a panel. To use the computer, you click on the screen (which has an event that checks if you do this, and takes you to another frame in order to access the computer).

I also have a value inside the computer that is the battery percentage, which I want to go down when the computer is in use. I have separate frames for each of the tasks as well.

However, when I back out of the computer, it completely resets the game due to it taking me back to the frame itself. I want the game to be "saved" as in, everything going on continues.

Same for the computer, the values will stay the same (battery, etc.)

How can I do this? Any help appreciated.

Clicker Android Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use global values.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried these, but I am not sure how to apply it. Any more tips?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you pick up a key for example, you want that key to be gone after you've taken it. So upon taking the key you set global value a (or "key" if you have renamed the value) to 1 and when that value is 1 you destroy the key, so if you leave the room and come back the key will be gone.

That's just an example of how to use global values. If you talk about saving the entire game then that's another subject, because you might want fusion to remember the state of all values if you quit and want to load a savefile.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several ways of doing this:

1) As mentioned above; global values are a simple way since they stay the same application wide until you either close the app or change them with an event.
    2) save your values to an ini or array and load them when player enters the frames.
    3) Place an active object outside the frame, check the "global object" option, place this in all your frames and use this as a value holder. Use the objects alterable values for the different things you want to store and always set your counters/values to this objects values. E.g. i have an value holder that's called player_values with an alt. value A that holds the HP. When the player gets hurt i subtract the player_values alt. value A. The HUD counter that the player sees is always set to that objects alt value A.

I have several of these objects for weapons, scores, waves etc