User Tag List

Thread: False Virus? It's on VirusTotal and because of that, got rejected on Itch.io

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

False Virus? It's on VirusTotal and because of that, got rejected on Itch.io

Okay, before you cursed me, I know that this topic has been discussed before but I still cannot manage to fix it. On VirusTotal, there's apparently a Chinese antivirus named Rising that always flag Clickteam Fusion app as Malware.Obscure/Heur!1.A89E (CLASSIC) I don't know why is that but because of that, my program got banned and maybe my account next(On itch.io). This is stupid. Why even VirusTotal use something that has been dead about 5 years ago? This is really annoying.

UPDATE: If I make it as an installer(setup), it does not show as a virus. But still, the .exe itself flagged as a virus and that's stupid.

Here is the virustotal page: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/26...70a2/detection

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well. Not really. Do we really need to sign it? Well, I bought Fusion because I thought it's gonna handled all the things like that not me. This is a pretty big let down for me......

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let down or not, this is a known issue.
    If you read the thread properly it says there's an option in settings that compresses your game, try unchecking that and see if it works. False positives happen, my stuff is on itch.io and there was no issue. I do mention in the game description that a false positive can happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Uncheck the compress on runtime doesn't do anything.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export Module

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Danny in his writeup covers the topic well. Its not Fusion that is the issue. This would happen no matter what development language you use. Its sad that due to malware and hacking software this has become required but that is the that state of software security today.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you go to http://mailcenter.rising.com.cn/filecheck_en/ you can upload your EXE file and report it as a false-positive. Make sure you click the "report false positive file" tab because it defaults to "report suspicious file."

Once they update their signatures it should no longer be detected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's okay everyone, I emailed Itch.io and they reinstated back my app.