User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How can I test for values in a string

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Perry ! I'm sure there is a better way to do this but this is the only way I could make it work with my crazy brain, lol. Only thing I can't figure out is why I got a 0 on the first line, other than that, it seems to be accurate and count the proper number of values. I think it's adding 0 because that's the first value of the counter, but not sure why it doesn't do that in my prior example. Let me know if you figure it out I'm curious!
    Attached files Attached files

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks
    Let me take a look.. and yeah, I ran into some odd numbers myself that I could not explain.
    Maybe this will clear things up.
    I will let you know

Edit:
    Not sure why the 0 is there, but I was looking for each line with 8 digits needs to be processed separate, and then added to a Line.

so it's

line 1 = 10101020 and in the other list is will show 3 x 10 and 1 x 20
    line 2 = 10111112 and in the other list it add a line with 1 x 10, 2 x 11 and 1 x 12
    etc

so each entry is done, not all together.

edit 2: to fix the 0

line 3 should be Len(string$( "String" )) / 2 - 1
    line 4 should be Val(Mid$(string$( "String" ), ( LoopIndex("parse") + 1 ) * 2, 2))

the loop starts with 0, so need to add 1

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhh gotcha, I was wondering why you were doing it that way instead of grabbing them all at once, would have been so much easier too! dang! Well, I guess I'll bow out of this one, hopefully someone will be able to lend a hand for doing them one by one instead of all together. I'll probably tinker with this though for awhile so if I get lucky and find something I'll letcha know if I do! And yessss about the +1, that's totally it!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope I understand the problem correctly... Please let me know if this example helps.

Count.mfa

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian_Wheel View Post
    I hope I understand the problem correctly... Please let me know if this example helps.

Count.mfa
    That is correct, I posted actually one on how to do it for multiple lines, and results also back for each line separate.

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/104266-How-can-I-test-for-values-in-a-string?p=738875&viewfull=1#post738875

so it's

line 1 = 10101020 and in the other list is will show 3 x 10 and 1 x 20
    line 2 = 10111112 and in the other list it add a line with 1 x 10, 2 x 11 and 1 x 12
    etc

so each entry is done, not all together.

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone?
    Still trying myself, but getting stuck

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try this:
    parseLines.mfa

Forum Moderator

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MuddyMole View Post
    Try this:
    parseLines.mfa
    You are the best!!

Thank you so much

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2