User Tag List

Thread: How to make a mega man shoot while you jump / fall animation / movement?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How to make a mega man shoot while you jump / fall animation / movement?

So I'm working on a game and need the main character to shoot while jumping/Falling in the direction he's looking at. I set:

Upon pressing 'Z' (shoot button
    Is facing Direction 'Left'

then on the actions I set:

Change animation sequence to shooting
    Launch 'bullet' at 'Left" Direction

One single bullet comes out, and I have to take a step in the direction before I jump for it to shoot at the right thing a 2nd, 3rd and so on and so on.

Bottom line is I want to shoot while jumping and jumping transitions into falling and I still want to be able to shoot more than just one bullet.

Any help please?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I scripted Mega Man shooting is since he has multiple frames depending on movement action + shooting, don't use the 'Launching' as the animation choice. Instead you can either set a new direction temporarily to display the shoot frames of Mega Man, or create a new object that shares the exact same animations but has his mega buster out, just bind them to the original player. Though I would use temporary new direction to decrease the amount of objects in a frame.

The initial set up for this would go something like this:
    if the shoot variable is 0 + is moving +2, set direction to ->.
    If shoot variable is 0 + is moving -2, set direction to <-.
    If shoot variable greater than 0 + moving +2, set direction to ^ (up)
    If shoot variable greater than 0 + moving -2, set direction to v (down)
    If shoot variable greater than 0: Sub 1 to Shoot variable.

What happens here is, lets say running animation is currnetly in play. When you press shoot, the character sets the direction of where the shooting frames are located.

Working on a new Mega Man game engine (all my older game engines went berserk & unplayable after Clickteam updated their software). It's sort of private at the moment, since its incredibly incomplete. But if you really want to see all the set ups in it, I'm sure I could make an exception.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Accidentally double post. Please Delete)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by N64Mario View Post
    The way I scripted Mega Man shooting is since he has multiple frames depending on movement action + shooting, don't use the 'Launching' as the animation choice. Instead you can either set a new direction temporarily to display the shoot frames of Mega Man, or create a new object that shares the exact same animations but has his mega buster out, just bind them to the original player. Though I would use temporary new direction to decrease the amount of objects in a frame.

The initial set up for this would go something like this:
    if the shoot variable is 0 + is moving +2, set direction to ->.
    If shoot variable is 0 + is moving -2, set direction to <-.
    If shoot variable greater than 0 + moving +2, set direction to ^ (up)
    If shoot variable greater than 0 + moving -2, set direction to v (down)
    If shoot variable greater than 0: Sub 1 to Shoot variable.

What happens here is, lets say running animation is currnetly in play. When you press shoot, the character sets the direction of where the shooting frames are located.

Working on a new Mega Man game engine (all my older game engines went berserk & unplayable after Clickteam updated their software). It's sort of private at the moment, since its incredibly incomplete. But if you really want to see all the set ups in it, I'm sure I could make an exception.
    I'm not as well versed as you are in MMF2 but I will take a good look into what you have said because it helps in two different aspects that I want, shooting while moving right now is just a standard shooting animation, and I cant shoot more than once in a falling/jumping animation.

Thank You, and yes I would LOVE to take a look at your Mega Man engine! Send me a PM or I'll send one to you.