User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Program runs slow on Windows 10 SSD

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Program runs slow on Windows 10 SSD

I've run into this issue for a while now and I'm really needing to work past it. My program is really laggy on modern computers. I've tried it on a handful of laptops with SSD's, some with GPUs and some without. On each, the program stutters like crazy. Smooth easing results in instant movement, smooth menus are laggy, etc. Even keypresses are laggy.

On older machines or machines with HDD's, the program runs fine.

My program has light usage requirements and doesn't use much in the way of graphics. I have it set to 'Standard' display mode since some older extensions I use require that.

Any ideas as to what's going on? I really need to figure my way around this as I have an educational app in use in some schools and they've reported the issue (I was already aware of it so I know it's not specific to their machines). I am not 100% sure the SSD or Win10 is the issue but I'm seeing this on a lot of new machines.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I‘ve the gut feeling too that something went wrong with Fusion and Win 10 a couple of weeks ago. The problem is, like you, I really can’t nail it down, I‘ve three Win 10 machines set up. One is working fine, one shows delayed loading times and stutters on real fullscreen mode and the third one forces V-sync on the app when in real fullscreen. Seems to me as if Microsoft made changes on how Win handles display outputs but I did not find anything in the update logs. Btw, all machines have SSDs too and run on integrated graphics but my bet is that this may not be the issue. Maybe we can collect some data here. These problems suddenly occurred even with very old builds of my game, so it’s most definitely system related.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you seen this on both desktop and laptop? My issues have only been on laptops but those are also the only ones I've had two test on. I'm wondering if there's some sort of resource throttling going on.

I've known about this issue for about a year but now it's starting to become more prevalent because of all the new machines.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the machines with issues is a desktop. In general, CPU throttling can an issue with laptops on power safe mode for sure, but not related to the stuff I experienced. Is your app running on real-FS too, or do you run a window? I have not experienced any issues in windowed mode so far. Could very well be the things we experience are not related at all, I have no experience with standard display mode, I always use DirectX9 cuz I need the shaders and performance boost.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My program is full screen. It almost seems the frame rate is turned way down.

Quickly testing just now, even windowed has the issue, and the issue is present when the build is run inside MMF2.5 test runtime.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did some more random testing. Seems using Standard instead of DirectX causes the largest performance dip. DirectX still seems to be missing frames or lagging, though far less.

Trouble is, Standard runs great on my older machines!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having this same problem. Got a W10 SSD laptop that can run most games fine. As you can see from this: BETWEEN FRAMES.jpg There is literally nothing on the frame and yet my between frames microseconds is already decreased my FPS to below 60! This is with no events or objects other than the ones I am using to measure.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What? 59fps is perfectly normal . . .

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a normal game, the FPS rate twitches from 60 to 59 FPS. I don't see anything wrong with that, considering nothing can stay at a constant 60 fps any way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After make a lot of changes to my program, it still seems keypresses are missed on Windows 10 laptops. Not sure what's going on but I'm starting to get complaints from users of my software who have newer machines. Everything has worked fine for years now until just recently...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast