When I was using ControlX to make mappable controls for my game, I noticed that the incorrect keys were displaying on the options screen.
I made a quick workaround which loads ID data from an INI file to display the proper keys mapped to each button.
So instead of:
- Set text to "[" + Str$(IntToKey$( "Control X", KeyBUp )) = "]"
It now uses:
- Set text to "[" + GetItemString$( "Ini++ v1.5 Object", "keyboard", Str$( KeyBUp ), "" ) = "]"
This pulls the correct key from kbdata.ini and displays it onscreen.
The attached ZIP includes an INI file which has the correct keyboard mappings (for my keyboard at least) and an included app to map your own IDs.
EDIT: The INI file does not contain an ID for Pause|Break or Alt. For some reason, ControlX wouldn't detect whenever I pressed either of these keys.