User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heaven's Point (trailer and demo)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Heaven's Point (trailer and demo)

Here is a trailer for our newest project, Heaven's Point.

You can download a demo of the game at our website: www.digitalpunch.se

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy-moly, i wanna play it. Amazing work!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is just ... AMAZING !!!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gorgeous looking game!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, I just played through the demo and can honestly say I had a blast with it. The overall presentation is already very polished for an alpha, really loved the character animations and your attention for details. Controls were easy to pick up and the fighting engine felt damn solid already. What surprised me in a positive way were the point and click elements and the usage of the cell phone, I did not expect that and those mechanics and small puzzles were fun to execute. Also, I really liked how the interiors were designed and the dialogues and humor were pretty good. The soundtrack is on a professional level and nails the arcade feeling of the game. I suppose there will be upgrades to the move sets, like in River City Ransom, right? Maybe I skrewed it but I was not able to execute a jumping kick or a dash attack.
    Technically everything worked fine, smooth FR and my Xbox wireless gamepad was recognized without hassles.

Some criticism as well, just my 2 cents: I found hitting pedestrians for looting the needed money not very fitting, as the story suggests you're somehow the good guy and saving this poor beaten up dude in the backyard from the thugs does not make a lot of sense with this looting mechanic. Maybe a pickpocketing mechanic would do the job, you know you can be bad but not THAT bad that you beat the **** out of nice people for money. Another option would be minigames (cleaning car windows on the street^^) or some random thugs appearing now and then to give you drops. Also, I found the blood did not add to the gameplay and overall vibe of the game.

I think you may have a real winner here, so keep going!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you guys for your kind words and i would like to especially thank Julian82 for that very thorough feedback regarding our demo!
    we really want all the feedback we can get, and your post is very much apprechiated!

the demo is basically as far as we have gotten with the project atm. so there's still lots to be done on the game.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always like when player's are given a choice . If you want to beat up a pedestrian...well go ahead but if you want to pickpocket someone instead...well my good sir, go ahead with that too. If you feel like adding a pickpocket function it would awesome but I don't see a reason to remove the beating up part. Just because you can doesn't mean you must. Great looking stuff!!!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don‘t get me wrong, my suggestion has no moral background. All I wanted to say is be careful with mechanics contradicting your (non-optional) storytelling, rendering your actor unbelievable or making other mechanics feel displaced. Having a consistency in your core aesthetics, mechanics and setting/story is IMO the most basic foundation of a great overall game feel.

To sum it up for the demo *spoiler alert*: WTF do I have to beat up ten random NPC to buy a hobo some liquor (instead of beating up the shop keeper and taking what I want) to get an important key from that hobo (instead of just taking it by force) for a chance to rescue some random dude in a backyard I don’t even seem to care about.

If you offer force against NPCs as an option to solve obstacles you should not arbitrarily limit this option. This game has really awesome point and click elements and an interesting build up in the story arc, it’s just that this one (forced) looting mechanic seems to unnecessarily spoil it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't actually try the demo yet so you might be right Julian. I was generally speaking. Choices are great but in this case it might not be necessary

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love choices too^^ If the shop keeper convinced me with a shotgun to better buy his stuff instead of going for him things would be fine This project seems very ambitious for a small team tho. Speaking of own painful experiences planning mechanics ahead very carefully will be crucial to ever finish it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast