User Tag List

Thread: Painting tiles and updating on all tiles

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Painting tiles and updating on all tiles

Not sure if this section is the best for this topic (is there a forum section for dev related questions that are not necessary tied to Fusion?)

I need to find some way to paint tiles but see how it will look when the tiles are matched up with other tiles. So for example I might have a row of 3 tiles like so: OOO. But when I paint on the first tile I want it to update the image on all the tiles so I can see that it all matches up and looks good when tiled together. So if I paint an X over the first tile I want all 3 tiles to show this since they are identical. I hope my question makes sense.

I work mainly in photoshop, but for this task that will be made with pixel graphics I could also try some other program that supports this if photoshop don't?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually use the open topic forum but a dedicated dev-specific category would be great.
    I think the feature you’re looking for is called tiled painting. Pro Motion for PC and Sprite Something for IOS have it. I also did a quick search and Krita seems to have it too. I also found that you can achieve it in Photoshop somehow but it needs some workarounds, but I don’t use it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean within fusion?

Because if you want seperate apps both Aseprite and Pyxel Edit do this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried out Aseprite, but how do I paint over an older image with a set tile?

For example I have my game now with a tileset and I took a screenshot in the game and opened it in Aseprite. Now I want to paint over the tiles and have them update over the other tiles over the image if that makes sense. So I can see the difference while I am painting on how the new tiles would look like in the game with my graphics. But how do I tile just the area I want to change? For example the whole screenshot might be 640*480, but when I am tiling I just want to have the tiles affect an area that is 640*32 (the ground tiles in the image).

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh sorry i misunderstood, i thought you meant different frames. If u have a tile over several frames you can link them with. You can link the cels you want (select the cels, right click -> link cels). Edits will effect all the linked cels simultaneously.

But if you meant that you draw a e.g. a box and use the same box over the entire image, I for sure know that Pyxeledit has that feature.

https://pyxeledit.com/features.php
    Tile references with transformations
    Draw in one tile and they all update instantly. Tile instances can be rotated and flipped, still referencing the same tile data.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    Oh sorry i misunderstood, i thought you meant different frames. If u have a tile over several frames you can link them with. You can link the cels you want (select the cels, right click -> link cels). Edits will effect all the linked cels simultaneously.

But if you meant that you draw a e.g. a box and use the same box over the entire image, I for sure know that Pyxeledit has that feature.

https://pyxeledit.com/features.php
    Tile references with transformations
    Draw in one tile and they all update instantly. Tile instances can be rotated and flipped, still referencing the same tile data.
    Hmm I am not completely sure I follow.

Just so we are on the same page. Say I am making Mario Brothers and I want to import a screenshot of the game into the program, then just experiment with new tiles to see how they would look like in the game and fit, how would I do?

Like in this Mario image. I want to just expriment on changing the ground tiles at the bottom and see in realtime how the new tiles would look like and if they would fit with the rest of the graphics.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aseprite cant do that, Pyxel Edit has that feature.

check this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-BFtcfzofg

What I was talking about in Aseprite is editing an object over an animation time: