User Tag List

Thread: Is there any reason not to use Window Control 'maximise' instead of 'fullscreen'?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any reason not to use Window Control 'maximise' instead of 'fullscreen'?

Hi everyone, I guess the title says it all, but I've been investigating the best way to offer my users the option to change from windowed to full-screen mode in my game, and I was wondering is there any reason not to use the Window Control object to maximise the screen instead of using the built in 'full-screen' mode which changes the resolution? Window Control seems to work nicely and doesn't change the screen resolution, which I prefer, but is there any potential problems/drawbacks doing it this way?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using real fullscreen gives your app direkt control over the display output while in windowed FS your app will be rendered through windows. Real FS can give your game a major performance boost a alleviate the known microstuttering issue. The downfall, next to the resolution change, is the loss of multitasking functions and it may cause issues like hangs or black screen more often. That’s at least my experience with it. If your app is not scrolling I would actually stick to windowed FS for convenience reasons. If it’s scrolling and heavy on system resources real FS might be better.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot Julian, I'll probably stick with windowed FS for my current project then as I'm not experiencing any real issues with performance or mircro-stutter atm, cheers man, much appreciated!