User Tag List

Thread: How can I make an animation play only when a counter changes, and stop a few seconds?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can I make an animation play only when a counter changes, and stop a few seconds?

I've got a FNaF fangame I've been working on, but the one thing stopping it from being "done" is a big where I can make the interruption appear for when animatronics move on camera, but it won't go away. It's only supposed to appear for a few seconds, but I don't know how to do that. The way I have it set up is when the camera counter and the character counter are above 0 for the animation to play and I know that there's gotta be a better way to do it. What should I try?

Clicker iOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try something like this: (Pseudo-code following)

At the start set "timer" counter to 200

If camera counter+character counter> 0 then "Start" playing the animation.....Set camera counter to 0. Set character counter to 0.
    If animation playing then -1 from "timer" counter.
    If "timer" counter <=0 then "stop" animation....."Hide" animation <---OR--->Set animation to a BLANK animation (one with no pictures in it and lasts just 2 frames..none looping) and "start" it.

To change the time the animation plays for just add more (or take away) from the "timer" counter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I got somethin like this to work. I set my timer to 3 and when the animation plays, every 1 second to subtract from it. How do I set it back to 3 again for other characters or when the same character has to move?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An example to work with would be easier, yet from memory I think you have to choose restore animation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a screenshot of my events if it helps. The colored counters are the characters, the blue square is the camera counter. The burgundy counter is the timer that when it equals <=0 it should make the animation stop. I just want to know how to reset the timer back to 3 so next time, the animation doesn't loop.

ex 1.jpgex 2.PNG