User Tag List

Thread: Pixel-perfect rotation in HTML5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pixel-perfect rotation in HTML5?

Hey,

I'm working on a 64x64 game for lowrezjam and was hoping to do a web-playable HTML5 version of the game. I've noticed that the HTML5 build though seems to not to 'pixel-perfect' rotation when you change the angle of an active object, even with quality set to "0".

pixelrotation.jpg

(Left is Windows build, right is HTML5)

Is there any way to get pixel-perfect rotation in HTML5?

Cheers

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well..... You could always "fake" it by drawing your own rotations through the image editor, I suppose. :-/
    As in, drag the little bar at the bottom of the little box in the corner, right click on the one black box containing the image and hit "create rotated directions".

Probably not the best way of doing this, but I'm sure it would work on something like HTML 5, maybe?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by N64Mario View Post
    Well..... You could always "fake" it by drawing your own rotations through the image editor, I suppose. :-/
    As in, drag the little bar at the bottom of the little box in the corner, right click on the one black box containing the image and hit "create rotated directions".

Probably not the best way of doing this, but I'm sure it would work on something like HTML 5, maybe?
    Yeah that's what I'm doing at the moment, I've got seperate angles in the 32 directions and just storing the 'Angle' as an alterable value, with the animation direction being that number divided by 11.25. At 64x64 pixels the number of rotation 'ticks' being only 32 works fine -the only issue is the 'create rotated directions' options makes each direction kind of blurry/smoothed-out.

If there was a way to 'create rotated directions' with the same "quality=0" settings as the in-editor angle that'd be great - at the moment I'm just using a second frame and screenshotting rotated sprites and pasting them in as new directions