User Tag List

Thread: xCode 9 alpha transparency error

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xCode 9 alpha transparency error

So I've made a few small changes in my app and upgraded to xCode 9.
    Now I can't validate my build as I've got an alpha transparency in my in my store icon in the assets file.
    The discussion forums seem to say this is a new xcode bug but you have to edit every image to jpg not png. So i've made changed all my icons and removed the alpha channel from the objects but it still fails.
    In xcode the icons still show as png and it's possible i've not converted every object graphic although there are hundreds to look through.
    Does anyone know how to overcome this. Is there a way of stopping the jpgs being converted to png or a way of finding the offending images in xcode.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got Xcode 9.4.1 which I think is the latest non-beta. I'm using square app icons which are all .png without transparency and my builds all pass the App Store Connect validation. I don't think they need to have transparency because Xcode puts the rounded corners on them automatically when they're rendered. Try deleting the Xcode build and export a fresh one from Fusion. When you launch the new build in Xcode you can check resources/Images.xcassets/Appicon and put in any missing app icons manually. If you've already put the app icons in your Fusion project they will appear in Xcode, but there are always a few missing.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solved it now.
    Here are some recommendations for other versions of xcode https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...app-store-icon
    but none worked for me. I did however manage to drag and drop a new app store image without transparency to make it validate.
    I guess I'll have square images for now but might try to add transparency again next time.