User Tag List

Thread: Any news on the next Click Convention?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any news on the next Click Convention?

Is there any news on when the next click convention is going to be?

I would guess it is probably too late for a convention this year, but I think a 2019 convention would be most excellent.

Clicker Fusion 2.5HTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be great!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great

I would really like to attend another convention before I start drawing my pension. I really enjoyed the last one I went to and it gave me sufficient drive to work on games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alas, I think the official click convention days are over. I guess CT thinks we are too old and crusty for such cockamamie shenanigans.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An online Click Convention would be awesome where we can show off trailers/gameplay in a livestream (and maybe have links to demos for people to check out), dev interviews, engine updates, etc.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We haven't organised a ClickConvention for some time because of several factors.

Firstly it is very costly to get everyone in one place. We have 4 staff members in the US, 4 in France, 6 in the UK and one in Denmark, so no matter which location we choose, it is expensive to get good staff representation there.

People were not attending in high numbers sadly, which meant that far from covering its costs the event was costing the company money on top of travel and hotel costs for staff. I have to say that the UK contingent was particularly low in turnout in later years, with so many people refusing to come due to transport distances (despite the fact people flew and sailed in to the UK from all over the world!) I did explore hosting on in the US too, but everyone always wanted in their state when asked and this made it a big gamble.

Generally conventions have happened when we've had some big software to present. Obviously F3 will be a candidate for this, but F2.5+ unfortunately came at the wrong time of the year for a convention.

So if people want a convention, we're going to need more to commit to coming for starters. Online was considered, but with the time zones etc. it ended up being abandoned ultimately.