User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Serious graphics problems when exiting and returning to the game

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Serious graphics problems when exiting and returning to the game

Hello,
    I noticed just today a serious bug in the android version which is causing me a lot of problems and I cannot fix.
    I'm posting here because the issue is quite urgent and the bugbox is still unavailable.

The problem arises when I exit from my android game (using the back button, or clicking on banner ads/interstitials, or clicking on the multitask button): when I enter the game again, after a little pause, graphics looks all wrong and smeared (anti-aliased sprites in particular) and keep looking 'wrong' also if I restart the frame. It looks also like it keeps graphics elements from the previous scenes, and the game is noticeably slower.

The video below explains what I'm referring to:

I'm playing the game with a Samsung Galaxy S8. In another device I used for the test the problem is not present.

I've tried everything to fix it, but with no success: restarting the frame, pausing the app on exit, refreshing display with androidPlus extension, changing display mode/smooth resizing... Even disabling the back button the problem can't be avoided, since the banner/interstitial open a new window (and, also, I can't disable multitask button).

Has anyone encountered the same problem?

@Fernando may I ask you some help on this? I can provide more info/examples.
    I was going to take part in an important Italian games event with the game, but I can't do that if I don't fix the issue.

Thank you everyone,
    Fabrizio

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    mm please send me a link for your apk to test here to see if I get something in the logcat, send it via PM
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am facing a similar problem I get a "ghosting" effect when leaving the app and coming back as seen in this video.

https://youtu.be/me0h_LTNk5I

I thought I would share maybe it would help in finding a solution for the problem.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Fernando : thanks, I'm going to prepare the apk and send it to you asap
    @tk22 , exactly, this 'ghosting' effect is one of the two issues I've come across. It looks like you too are testing with Samsung Galaxy s8, if I'm correct. By the way, I've tested a couple of other recently released android apps from Fusion and seen the same problem.
    The other issue I've encountered is a strange smudge effect applied to the border of anti-aliased sprites.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tk22 View Post
    I am facing a similar problem I get a "ghosting" effect when leaving the app and coming back as seen in this video.

https://youtu.be/me0h_LTNk5I

I thought I would share maybe it would help in finding a solution for the problem.
    could be something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0KnqEhTCNU

is this something related

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...again-0177379/

https://www.androidauthority.com/sam...-issue-768623/
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @faber yes the video I showed is from Samsung Galaxy 8+ but it also happens in Nexus 6P as shown in the picture below
    @Fernando As far as I know, Burn-in happens when the screen is displaying something for a very long time, but this one happens only you leave the app and come back. It happens on Huawei Nexus 6P as seen in the picture

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fernando, I've just sent you a PM with the APK, with all the info to reproduce both errors (ghosting, smudged borders)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    yes bur-in is when the screen become damaged because teh extensive use of pixels, but in thsi case is not all this , the similitud is teh same, burn-in effect is equal to ghost effects and seems commons in this device, sorry I don't have any of the mentioned devices, I will check the apk to see if I detect something here
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also noticed the ghosting issue with display mode: OpenGL ES 1.1
    Changing to OpenGL ES 3.0 fixed the problem.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, changing to OpenGL ES 3.0 doesn't fix the issue in my case.
    Even with the events 'Restart the current frame'/'Restart the application', I can't get rid of the graphics issues.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast