User Tag List

Thread: Object getting launched is getting stuck on the mouse cursor and following it

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Object getting launched is getting stuck on the mouse cursor and following it

I'm making a game with a shootable machine gun in it, but when I use "launch object" to launch a bullet in the direction of the crosshair (the crosshair is always at mouseX and mouseY), the bullets get stuck and they clump up. The bullets also follow the crosshair like a guided missile and don't go in a straight line. I want to have the bullets act like bullets and go in a straight line and go through the crosshair.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what do you need help with exactly? If you want the bullets to always follow the crosshair, don't you then want them to clump up around it? What do you want otherwise?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want the bullets to follow the crosshair. I want them to act like bullets. I need help to get them to stop following the cursor and clumping around it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by netha View Post
    I'm making a game with a shootable machine gun in it, but when I use "launch object" to launch a bullet in the direction of the crosshair (the crosshair is always at mouseX and mouseY), the bullets get stuck and they clump up. The bullets also follow the crosshair like a guided missile and don't go in a straight line. I want to have the bullets act like bullets and go in a straight line and go through the crosshair.
    Without seeing your code I'm taking a guess here and you've got them always looking at mouseX/mouseY - instead of that, you could make it so when the bullet is created the bullet's alterable values A/B are set to mouseX and mouseY and they look at those values instead. Hope that makes sense!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're correct, my code has the bullet always facing the crosshair. I made the code make the bullets' A and B set to Mouse X and Y, but I don't know how to make it launch in the direction of X and Y.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It takes a little bit of vector math - but this is how you get the missile to always look in a certain direction (If you're using the built in movements)
    missile_angle.jpg

VAngle finds the angle of a vector (in this case, two points). This gives a direction in degrees, but since there are 360 degrees and only 32 directions, you have to divide it by 320/32, which is 11.25

Here's the sample code if this makes it easier
    missile_test.mfa

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)