User Tag List

Thread: Adding .exe files in binary data and launching them in the application

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding .exe files in binary data and launching them in the application

Hello, Clickers!
    I've been using Clickteam since 2016, and I just found out about the binary data of Clickteam. In binary, you can put ini files, txt files, and it won't be included in the mfa itself but rather in the final build.
    My question is: can you place an exe file in binary data, extract it and launch it at runtime? if so, how?

Any answer is appreciated!

Sorry if I seem too harsh in my question, this is my first time in the Clickteam forums and I'm a bit shy to ask questions, but this question needed to be asked and it has been bugging me for awhile, and I couldn't find any solutions online.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering how to do this as well. The exe file I need in particular has outside files that it needs access to, which I would like to be in binary.
    If you don't mind me asking, what executable are you trying to put in the binary?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The executable is a part of the game I'm making. I'm making an 2D episodic adventure game to test my knowledge of Clickteam Fusion and see how experienced I am from the last two years of learning it, and each episode is a standalone application, but I don't want them to be seen by the player in the files. I need to add them in binary and extract and launch them at run-time whenever it says in the events editor, but I can't figure it out. I want the game to be one big experience in one big application instead of stand-alone episodes scattered around the original app that can be accessed by the player through the files but not through the original application (which is the main menu).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I probably missed your point, but what exactly is the reason you not just combine all frames of your scattered episodes in one big .mfa and launch them from a main menu however you want? Why this complex thing with calling external .exe?

AFAIK it is not possible to add an .exe to binary data. You can distribute a packed .exe along with your main app if you make an installer for it and probably there's an extension out there to even compress/extract it on runtime, never did that tho. I think the Big Box extension can at least launch an external program. I'm pretty sure tho an app behaviour like this would cause a lot of trouble wiht most antivirus out there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your answer. If there is no other way, it's okay, I'll put the episodes in another folder and tell Clickteam to launch them whenever I want it through the events editor using "fixed/evaluated pathname". Again, thank you. Can't place episodes in one big file because Clickteam will run out of memory.