User Tag List

Thread: Physics Apply Impulse is too powerful. Can't use decimals?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Physics Apply Impulse is too powerful. Can't use decimals?

I have a bit of a predicament as I've finally updated to build 291.6. I've been using build 283.5 forever now as the 284 update completely broke my game due to the change in how much power an apply impulse action has.

An Apply Impulse with a force of 100 in 283.5 is about equivalent of somewhere between 4 and 5 in the newer builds. This wouldn't be too much a problem if you could use decimal numbers. However when using that action, decimals are ignored (a force of 4.5 is the same as 4). 4 and 5 have a significant difference in power so you don't have much finesse in controlling velocity.

Since it still works this way 291.6, I'm wondering how others have been dealing with this. Is there any way to adjust the "scale" of the Physics Engine? I really don't want to have to go back to 283.5 and be stuck with it. I'd like to be up to date.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can adjust for it by setting an objects density to a custom number like 1000 and more, it’s not limited and can make even super small objects extremely heavy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just about to delete this post as I realized I posted it in the wrong forum and I posted a duplicate in the regular Fusion 2.5 forum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    You can adjust for it by setting an objects density to a custom number like 1000 and more, it’s not limited and can make even super small objects extremely heavy.
    Didn't realize there wasn't a limit. So in theory, by adjusting the density of all my objects I should be able to get something that matches what I had before? I guess I'll probably have to adjust deceleration friction and elasticity as well since the density is going to affect all of that.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The effect on the other parameters, even gravity, is not that visible in my experience. But yes, some fiddling is required^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I built a test project before I updated that launches various objects and it has a numbered grid in the background for measurements. Using that as a reference and just multiplying the previous densities by 22.2 (100/4.5) while changing nothing else I appears to match old version. However any objects that have a deceleration above 0, behave much differently. And unfortunately most of the objects in my project had deceleration. That's going to be much trickier. The objects being much heavier slow down at a much slower rate.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, did not encounter this as I usually decelerate objects manually (just substract from their linear velocity not changing velocity angle). Maybe you can work around with this. The built-in deceleration has a maximum of 250 I think, so you might get trouble adjusting that one.