User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lacewing - android crash with certains characters

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lacewing - android crash with certains characters

Hello!

I'm having a problem with the lacewing that's giving me a lot of headache on a project I'm doing.

Apparently, the android version of the lacewing relay does not allow extra characters (, , ',', and etc.) ..

When I play my project on windows, everything works correctly, but when I play on android, it crashes every time I send some sentence with these characters, the application hangs and closes.

Can anyone tell me if already pass from this or have a tip or solution for this?

Thank you!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lacewing doesn't support Unicode, technically. If it works with some Unicode text, it's a fluke, both misinterpreting when writing it and misinterpreting when reading it back.
    For Unicode text, your best bet is to put the string into Binary object, then add it using the "Add memory" function, and send as a binary message. When reading back, add into the Binary message as a block of binary (not as a text), then read as string.
    It's a little convoluted, but it should work.

I'm working on Lacewing Blue for Android, which hopefully won't have this problem. At any rate, once I get Android working, I'm planning to add Unicode messages to Lacewing, so this might be a non-issue. It probably won't be for a few months, though, other projects have my attention.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Phi, I'm looking forward to launching your extension.

About the Binary Object, is it compatible with android?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, no, my bad. I just checked my ext list's compatibility for it, and it's Windows-only.

I thought it was one of those ones that get ported everywhere, but no, it's not available on Android. Pity.
    I also looked around for any binary exts, but Android doesn't have any. Since Relay source is lost, your only choice is to use an encoding extension, maybe AESFusion, or a base64 encoder ext if Android has one...

Clicker

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think aesfusion doesn't suporte unicode too, because when i send the special character, doesn't send anything

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @_peixe_ One of my current projects is Lacewing for Unicode, which should support special characters. It'll be ported to Android too.

Clicker

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Phi , if you porting to android and html5 (or one of the two) I'll buy the extension. I gave up on a project that was already advanced due to the "abandonment" of the lacewing to the fusion.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _peixe_ View Post
    @Phi , if you porting to android and html5 (or one of the two) I'll buy the extension. I gave up on a project that was already advanced due to the "abandonment" of the lacewing to the fusion.
    At the moment, yes, I'm porting to Android, and also making it Unicode-compatible.
    It's going to be free and open-source, but donations will prioritise the project, so if you're interested in sponsoring it, drop me a PM.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive never used lacewing, so I dont know what you mean when you say "send" text, like a chat app? I do have some experience with limiting player inputs though. Store all characters that are fine to use in a global string, and when the player wants to send a message, loop through the message and compare to the global string with OK characters, if it's not on the OK list - delete before sending. Like I said, dunno what youre trying to do, but this may work?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    @_peixe_ One of my current projects is Lacewing for Unicode, which should support special characters. It'll be ported to Android too.
    When LACEWING object would be ok for ANdroid?
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast