User Tag List

Thread: Cinematic Attack

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cinematic Attack

I am making a fighting game engine, and I plan to include Super Moves. I am wondering if there's a way to make them like they're a cutscene but be in same frame.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never played around with it - but I've seen that Fusion does have the feature to record a demo file and then play it back.
    That might work for your cutscene.

It's on the frame properties towards the bottom - Demo recording. Playback is under storyboard controls.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no simple way. You will have to pause the rest of the game (use a flag or value to decide when objects should be stopped/frozen) and then have an animation play out on the object that's doing the move. Or you freeze everything and play a movie on top of it. Or freeze everything and have a seperate object/effect play out on a layer that's usually hidden.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    There's no simple way. You will have to pause the rest of the game (use a flag or value to decide when objects should be stopped/frozen) and then have an animation play out on the object that's doing the move. Or you freeze everything and play a movie on top of it. Or freeze everything and have a seperate object/effect play out on a layer that's usually hidden.
    We did something similar to what zip2kx said. Pausing everything else and showing the super effect in our case was using a loop to create tables and blue beams (you can see what I mean here) then resuming.