User Tag List

Thread: High DPI Scaling Behavior

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High DPI Scaling Behavior

Exported Fusion games and apps look blurry if you have the Windows 10 scale setting above 100.
    This can be fixed if you click the "Override high DPI scaling behavior" in the Properties of the exe file.

But I don't expect everyone who might play my game to know this fix.
    So is there was a way to fix this problem directly from within Fusion?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    did you try to do this using registry2 and file objects

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

------------------------------> your fullpath application path e,g: c:games01\mages01.exe ------------------> "HIGHDPIAWARE" (String Value)

check that directory may be different if you are testing in debug mode or build &run
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thanks, it works!
    But there's one poblem, you have to run the exe file 2 times until it's not blury anymore.
    I could fix this with a launcher for the game, but is there a better solution?

EDIT:
    Okay, I fixed the problem this way:
    At the first launch of the game, the game shuts down automatically and restarts itself.
    I used Ini to make it happen only at the very first launch and not every time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing this, didn't even realize this problem existed

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Implemented the fix today, thanks again, guys, this issue not only rendered the app blurry but corrupted my scaling routine as well. All runs well now

I've one question tho: What happens if the user decides to rename the .exe? As "Game.exe" is hardcoded in the examples it won't work then. Any expression to grab the real name of the current .exe running?

Clicker

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Appname$ +".exe" should work

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, I’ll try that

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It worked! I further modified the code example using simple string comparisons to also register if the user changed the game's Apppath$.
    A new registry entry will be made and the app restarted if the following events trigger

x Game is run the first time
    x User renames the game's .exe
    x User moves the .exe in another folder

edit: a quick note that this works only stand-alone, in editor mode the code has to be deactivated or it will always close the app
    Images attachées Images attachées