User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why is this Happening using Qualifiers... is this a BUG?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exclamation Why is this Happening using Qualifiers... is this a BUG?

Simple Code using Qualifier, Doesn't work right (r291.6 dev)

QualifierError.mfa

This Breaks my Game. I don't want long workarounds like using behaviors or something.
    I just want this to work coz I already coded a lot. I'm using this qualifier to swap out characters with full animations.

Let me know if this is a bug, or we just have settings of some sort to fix this
    (no bugbox at the time of this post)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not 100% sure why that happens - seems to work fine for Character1 but Character2 also destroying is a bit odd. I imagine it's something to do with scoping across multiple instances of the same object - either way, this seems to be a way to fix it

scoping.png

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You can replace your events #3 and #4 by the single event below.

I don't really have an explanation of why your events don't work, but it seems that in conjunction with an immediate condition (displayed in green) you don't need additional conditions to further scope on objects, Fusion just does the job of finding the relevant instance(s).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think there is an issue with qualifiers in this version of Fusion.

I've had the same issue with qualifiers in my current game - it worked correctly the first xx number of times and then using the exact same code stopped working correctly and thereafter no code involving a qualifier and a destroy event would work - which was also basic - destroy all the objects with the qualifier - then create more objects (yes, I did check that the destroy event was first in the list.)

It would create an error in an exact pattern every time. I could work around it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've managed to recreate the error.

.mfa included.

This code works correctly only the first time it is run - thereafter it doesn't work anymore.
    Attached files Attached files

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You'd get the same behavior with any build of CF2.5. It's only a matter of how object selection (object scoping) generally works in CF2.5. Which admittedly isn't easy to grasp in some cases.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm well aware that what I consider a bug in most cases you guys consider a feature.

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't fix it anyway.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Janette5 is right, in my full game, some Code runs well the first time, then it fails thereafter. That is why I did not see this bug sooner

I tested other options, it is not working, I cannot use single event like Oliver stated, as my game is a bit more complex (I did try it, ofcourse fusion cant automatically find it)

Can this get fixed? I have a game with over 1million downloads, this is urgent for me as I will be updating it soon. Please help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @wpd I've downloaded your first example and noticed that if you put the 'Id of Group.0' condition BEFORE the other ones, only the blue character is destroyed when pressing spacebar. Maybe it can help.

qualifier.png

Clicker

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi faber, it shows red warning but it works. I have already tried it, and many many many other solutions, but it will not work in systems that require other qualifiers... or for that case, other active mixed that also need scoping.

I just uploaded the core problem that I couldn't fix... I have workarounds for many of the complex code in my game, but it will not be as beginner friendly, as a matter of fact very confusing even for pros.

If fusion could fix that basic scoping, I will not have spaghetti code,.. and beginners exploring qualifiers, or mixing qualifiers, will not have pain in coding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast